A Baby's New Beginning

I blinked my baby eyes open, and an entirely different world unfolded before me. Bright lights and unfamiliar blurry faces greeted me. "I'm now outside of my mother..." I blearily thought, squinting my eyes, "Why can't I see clearly?" I tried to figure out the shapes I was seeing or even what I was looking at, "oh, right, newborn babies don't see clearly at first. Ugh... I hope it will get better soon."

Yeah, you guessed it; I was a baby, and everything felt so... new. My memories of my past life were fading, but memories of the show remained, and my determination to make the most of this second chance burned bright. It was like I'd been transported to a whole new universe, and, in a way, I guess I had. I was no longer a bystander; I was now a player in the game of life.

Now, I'm Bonnie Bennett, and it was time to take the plunge into the supernatural world of 'The Vampire Diaries.' Every breath, every adorable coo I let out reminded me of the fresh start I'd been given, and I was more than ready to embrace it, whatever it had in store for me.

Wrapped in the snug embrace of soft blankets and peering through my blurry baby vision, I couldn't help but eavesdrop on the voices surrounding me. People were all around, chatting away, and some just couldn't resist cooing at me. While my eyes were still getting used to the whole seeing thing, my ears, on the other hand, were working just fine. I could hear and even understand them pretty well.

"Look, Abby, she's awake," chimed a deep voice, seemingly from a guy, but his excitement was unmistakable. "Our Bonnie. She's so beautiful."

"I think this is my father," I pondered, attempting to see his face as he leaned in, his hand gently touching mine. I raised my tiny hands, making a feeble attempt to push him away, though my efforts weren't exactly successful. My baby thoughts were pretty clear, "I don't care if you're my father, but could you give me some space?" I could feel my face scrunching in what I assumed was a frown, although my father probably found it adorable.

"Ooooh, she's touching my face, and look at those adorable expressions she's making. She must know I'm her father," he cooed at me, trying to baby talk, but it came out more comical than sweet. "Yes, my Bonbon. I'm your Daddy. My princess is so cute."

"Ugh... I knew it. Are all fathers like this? What's his name again?," I wondered, and with that question in mind, memories and information about him flooded into my head.

Rudy Hopkins, Bonnie Bennett's dad, used to be a super caring and loving father. But things changed after her mom split. He got all wrapped up in his work, even though he still cared about Bonnie. As Bonnie got older, he started paying more attention to her and found out she had inherited her mom's witchy powers. At first, he freaked out about Bonnie having magic, worried she'd get into supernatural trouble. But you know what? Over time, he got it, like really got it. He realized her magical mojo was a big deal and became her biggest cheerleader. He saw the light and totally embraced Bonnie being a witch in their world.

I remember Bonnie's dad being a workaholic, leaving her craving more attention. She spent most of her time with her grandma, who had a bit of a kooky reputation. Bonnie thought her grandma was a bit loony because she'd always talk about witchy stuff. Surprise, surprise, it turned out that Grandma was a real witch, and she had been hiding her powers from Bonnie. She never revealed her magical abilities because Bonnie didn't show any signs of having magic until right before the pilot episode, which left Bonnie's magical education somewhat lacking.

"That's my granddaughter," a mature woman's voice chimed in. "She got all the good Bennet genes. She's gonna be a beauty when she's older." The slightly older tone in her voice indicated that it was her grandmother. Memories and information flooded her mind once more.

Bonnie's grandma, Sheila Bennett, wasn't really loony; she was just a witch who knew her stuff. Bonnie began to learn about her own powers under her grandma's guidance, and things started making sense. Sadly, her grandma passed away because she drained her powers trying to open the tomb. The whole tomb thing was kinda Stefan and Elena's fault, but Bonnie couldn't do much because she was still new to magic and didn't have the juice to open it. To add to the frustration, Elena didn't apologize or check on Bonnie after her grandma's death. In fact, she didn't offer much support at all. Elena only learned about Bonnie's grandma's passing days later, and that's just not how you treat a friend. So, yeah, their friendship wasn't the greatest, I guess.