Chapter 10

"All-fuckin-right! Repeat after me!" Mike smiled as Billie raised his microphone, singing a 'hey ho' which the audience sang back. He repeated this a few times before jumping back to his position, clapping his hands to the beat and encouraging the audience to do the same, which they did.

Mike looked down at his bass, focusing on the bass line for 'She'. As Billie began singing, Mike smiled with a sense of pride. The frontman was all over the place, sweaty, messy and he looked absolutely exhausted, but all his face showed was pure joy.

Billie was exhausted, but the good kind of exhausted. Mike could tell he felt alive. Part of Mike's heart sunk at the difference between carrying a lifeless Billie Joe into a hospital and how he looked now.

Just as he thought this, Billie raised the microphone, a big grin on his face. "I'm back, baby!'

-----------------------

After a show to end all shows, the three members of Green Day relaxed backstage, their eyes drooping. Billie was sandwiched in the middle of an-almost-asleep Mike and a surprisingly quiet Tré.

When their car got here, Mike carried Billie Joe while Tré followed, as Mike could tell Billie would quite happily just stay there forever and sleep.

The car journey was a long one and each bandmate slept for most of it. When they finally reached the hotel, Mike grabbed Billie again as Tré paid the driver and they headed to their rooms.

Outside in the corridor, Tré kissed Mike's cheek and then bent down to kiss Billie's, as Mike was still holding him. The three had a group hug and Tré went back to his room as Mike snuck into his room with Billie.

Ever since Billie got sick, Mike had been smuggling him into his own room, as he had some sort of fear that Billie would get sick again and he wouldn't be there. He had been so worried about him.

Mike set Billie on the bed and quickly helped him take his pants and shirt off, replacing Billie's clothes so he was in underwear and a shirt. Mike dressed the same way and then crawled into bed with Billie, turning the TV on.

Billie shifted to get comfortable, his end position being lying curled up next to Mike with his head on Mike's chest. Mike didn't mind this at all, and stroked Billie's hair as he kept his eyes on the TV.

Now that Billie was healthy, everything seemed possible. Mike could see them making albums, winning awards and doing shows for many years to come. It seemed like there wasn't anything the bandmates couldn't do, nothing they couldn't beat. Mike didn't know exactly how long he would be in this band for but he could see it being a long time indeed.

As he switched the TV off and the lights, holding his best friend, his musical soulmate and his actual soulmate, Mike decided that if they really wanted to, Green Day could conquer the world.