Chapter 9

As Billie's eyes slowly opened, he wondered if he was dead.

Everything was white and he felt at peace. His stomach wasn't cramped up hardly at all, his body didn't ache. He didn't even feel nauseous.

He heard a tapping noise and turned his head slightly to see Mike, next to his bedside. He was asleep, but he was tapping his foot off the ground. Not as peaceful as Billie had first thought.

Billie was clearly in hospital. He didn't remember getting here. The last thing he remembered was being on stage and having the sinking feeling that his body was finally going to collapse. All he could remember from there was making his way over to Mike. He could also remember throwing up on Mike backstage. Then it's all black.

Mike made a noise as he slowly woke up and he smiled as he saw Billie, and Billie realised this was probably because he looked a hundred times better than Mike had seen previously.

"Hi Beej." Mike smiled, and Billie couldn't help but smile back.

"Hi."

Mike took Billie's hand and stroked the back of it, something Billie realised he'd been doing for a while.

"How are you feeling?" Mike asked, looking directly into Billie's eyes. Although he seemed more relaxed, Billie could still see the worry in his eyes.

"I'm alright. Still hurts a bit but no where near as bad. And I don't feel sick anymore." Billie said, being truthful.

Mike smiled at this and kissed Billie's forehead.

Right on cue, Tré burst in holding two cups of coffee not from the hospital, which simply meant they were made with coffee instead of dirt. He kissed Billie on the cheek and handed Mike his coffee, handing Billie a colouring book and crayons. "I figured you'd get bored."

Mike laughed at this but Billie smiled. It was the thought that count.

He flipped the book open and it landed on a drawing of someone playing guitar, and Billie set to work making it look like him. Mike helped to colour the fluffy black hair in, Billie drew all of the stickers on blue.

After a while, he grew tired from the medication and the fact that his body was still recovering. His eyes drooped as he coloured and Mike spotted him, shutting the book and lying Billie back.

---

Over the next few days, Billie relied on Mike for basically everything, except food and drink. If he needed this, Tré got it for him. Mike was on bathroom duty and pillow duty (something he did an excellent job at).

Mike felt a sense of pride at the fact that Billie was finally relying on his friends, finally asking for help.

A few days after Billie had gotten into hospital, he decided he was strong enough to go to the bathroom by his self, which he did.

The doctor checked on him and said that whenever Billie felt up to it, he could leave. To Mike's surprise, Billie decided to take a nap first which they let him, staying quiet.

When Billie woke up, he got dressed into the clothes Tré had brought him and finally made his way out of the hospital, Tré on one side and Mike on the other.