Not Evil

Thunder rolled through, filling the air with boom after boom with a storm coming in from the cold front shown on the weather forecast. Rain drops tattered against the window, racing down the glass in a vicious attempt to claim victory over the other droplets.

Naoya sat in a room with the head of the clan, discussing important business and not even drinking the tea that was prepared for him. He refused, he didn't like red tea, he liked green tea with a drop of honey, just like how you used to make it for him whenever he requested on days he felt simple. He rested his chin in his palm, keeping a bored expression on his face as the Head kept running his mouth, words going in one ear and out the other as Naoya was halfheartedly listening.

"By the way, when's that Hatake coming back? I still haven't heard news of that meek little girl being found dead yet."

"I don't know, I haven't thought about communication," Naoya answers bluntly before he spares a glance outside the small window in the room to get a look at the outside. It was certainly more interesting than the meeting between the two men.

The Head frowned, his already wrinkled forehead creasing as his eyebrows knit closer together and his nose crinkled. "Go find them, damnit. And tell them to hurry up."

Naoya sighed, pausing for a moment before getting up from his spot. He shuffled to the door, sliding it open and stepping out of the room. The open hallway showed the greenery outside which was getting rained on, it looked beautiful in his eyes, though he'd never admit it.

He rushed to his room, speeding past any other wandering clan members and servants. Sometimes he would glance at the people coming and going, and he'd see a small glimpse of you every time. It was safe to say he got a little attached, though if anyone pointed it out he would kill them.

Naoya looked around for something black, since it was almost dark out, and he couldn't just waltz onto campus, even when it's in the evening. There's barriers around the school, Gojo, and the principal. Sneaking in almost sounds impossible if there wasn't such a short staff. There's only so much a handful of sorcerers could do for such a large campus.

On said campus, you were busy in the cafeteria with your newfound friends and friend with benefits, celebrating your birthday.

"Shush! They're gonna hear!" Gojo practically screeched to Toge and Panda who were making comments on what you and Maki might be doing while she led you to the cafeteria, blindfolded. You heard his echo through the hallway, and it already gave away what was going on, not that your birthday being marked and circled in red on the calendar in the training room wasn't enough. Everyone else was acting weird, or maybe special, since you weren't really used to all the affection yet. You knew it was your birthday, every year Naoya would make a comment on it then go about his business.

"You're loud enough!" Panda shot back before Gojo was ushering the other boys behind the corner of the cafeteria. Yours and Maki's footsteps echoed through the hallway as she was guiding you by your hand.

"Those idiots probably ruined the whole idea of a surprise party," Maki grumbles, rolling her eyes as the two of you got closer to the cafeteria. You hummed as you shrugged behind her, "I'll just pretend I had no idea."

"That'll be even worse, Gojo's just gonna get more excited," Maki chuckles as you two turn the corner, finally walking in and turning on the lights. She lifted the blindfold from your eyes, revealing a very over-decorated cafeteria with streamers covering all the walls and balloons around almost every table.

"Surprise!!"

"Happy birthday, Y/n!!"

You deadpanned your expression at the loud cheering in your ear. A large cake sat on one of the tables with candles on it, and if the candle wish thing did come true, it really would just be you and Maki right now. You walked over to the table, ignoring the others as you sat down, taking a fork and digging in all by yourself.