36: Kota

Chapter 36
Kamari Hashino

'His name is Katsuki Bakugo. His birthday is April twentieth. He-'

My thought process is interrupted as Mr. Aizawa starts talking to the class, "Now that Ms. Hashino has joined us... You've finished your first semester at UA High, it's time for your summer vacation to officially begin."

The class is gathered outside of UA in uniform, preparing to leave for camp. While we're waiting on the busses, Mr. Aizawa is giving us his regulatory speech. I slept like shit last night due to everything with Ronan, so I was late this morning.

"However," Mr. Aizawa stops walking and faces the class. "Don't think these will be months of rest for you young heroes in the making. At this camp, we'll be pushing you to go beyond your limits. You'll be aiming to go Plus Ultra."

"Yes sir!" The class says simultaneously.

Mr. Aizawa releases us, allowing us to chat amongst ourselves until the busses arrive.

Kirishima wraps his arm around me and squeezes my shoulder. "You seem off this morning, are you alright?"

I nod. "Just fine, thanks." All I want to do is talk to Katsuki, but I haven't had the chance yet.

The second Kirishima releases me, Katsuki wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"Katsuki, I need to talk to you." I quickly pull him off to the side while the class is distracted by 1B. "Ronan came over last night while my parents were gone. We got in a fight."

"Why the hell would he do that? Are you okay?" Katsuki lifts my arms and examines my body for injuries. "He didn't hurt you, did he? I'll kill him, I-"

"I'm fine," I blush and gently pull away. "I just... I wanted to tell you. He came to apologize, but something didn't sit right with me. Maybe it's because he was drunk- No, that just doesn't sound right. I don't know, Katsuki. He said he's sorry for more than I can begin to imagine."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Katsuki glances over my shoulder. I follow his gaze to find Ronan glancing between the two of us, his eyes full of hurt and longing.

I grab Katsuki's chin, forcing him to look at me. "I don't know. It was just... odd."

Katsuki nods and starts to look back at Ronan, but I stop him. "Don't look. I'm afraid he'll erase your memory. I was afraid he'd do the same to me last night. It pissed him off, but I'm just afraid... I don't know maybe it's stupid. I'm probably just overthinking things."

"Hey, it's okay." Katsuki takes my hands in his, stopping me from fidgeting. "It's not stupid. I didn't even think about that. You're right, I won't look at him."

Our conversation comes to an end as Iida directs everyone onto the bus. He instructs everybody to sit in their assigned seats, but no one listens.

Katsuki and I sit in the back along with Mina and Kirishima. This time I take the window seat and am sure to rub it in Katsuki's face.

To our left are Kaminari and Izuku, so Mina is in front of us with Kirishima.

"Oi, so are you two, like, together-together?" Kaminari leans across the aisle and pokes at my side.

Katsuki's eyes linger where he poked, then he looks at the two boys. "Yes."

Kaminari nods and clicks his tongue. "Ah, so that's the secret to getting Hot Girl to say yes. Hey, Jiro! You suck!"

Jiro whips around to face him. "Uh, what?"

Kaminari shoots me a wink and gives a thumbs up, then turns his attention back to Jiro. Katsuki, Kirishima, and I laugh as the two begin to bicker.