5: We Have Some News...

Chapter 5
Kamari Hashino

After All Might's class was over, the rest of the day went by agonizingly slow. My brain is no longer moving one hundred miles an hour and my whole body feels sluggish. Thankfully I remembered to pack my water bottle, otherwise, I'd be fighting dehydration too.

The bell rings, dismissing us from our last class. I barely have the energy to lift my head off my desk.

"You alright, Hashino?" Iida squats down beside my desk so he's at eye level with me. "You look rough."

"Yeah." I rub my tired eyes. "I'm just exhausted." I slowly rise from my seat, but just my own body weight feels like too much. My eyes feel so heavy, I could fall asleep standing up.

"Need help?" He asks, but grabs my bag before I can respond and throws it over his shoulder.

"This is so pathetic," I mutter. "I shouldn't be this worn out."

Iida shrugs. "You were using your quirk almost non-stop the whole fight. It's not surprising."

I frown in response. I hope this is just because I didn't sleep well last night. Otherwise I am embarrassingly weak.

"Hey, Kamari!" Mina calls for me from across the classroom, then runs over to me. "Are you okay?"

I nod and take a sip of water.

"Why don't you go ahead and go home?" Mina puts a hand on my shoulder. "We've got enough people here to clean up."

"Are you sure?" I ask. Uraraka and Kamari have already started collecting the textbooks scattered across the room and organizing them.

"Positive." Mina smiles and releases me.

"Thank you." I give a weak smile in return. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Bakugo packing his stuff up hurriedly.

She dismisses Iida and I then starts helping the people left in the class get everything put together. The two of us walk the majority of the way in silence.

"Hey, losers, stop there!" Bakugo calls out from behind us. "I'm going to kick your ass, Hashino!"

Iida opens his mouth to get onto Bakugo, but I speak before he can. "It's alright, Iida. I figured he'd be here sooner or later. You can go back in and help the rest of the class. Thank you for walking with me."

He nods sharply and hands me my bag, then he heads back inside.

"Make this fast, Bakugo. I've got places to be." I roll my eyes and stop walking. My back stays turned to him but I can hear him getting closer.

Bakugo moves past me and doesn't hit my shoulder this time. He stands in front of me with his fists balled up.

"If you ever pull that shit you did to me in class again, I will kill you!" He growls.

"Ah, but you stopped hitting my shoulder." I pat the top of his head and walk past him. "If that's all, I'll be on my way now."

"Don't speak to me like I'm beneath you!" He grabs my arm and pulls me back around.

I jerk away and look at him with disgust. "I'm not a pleasant person to be around when I'm tired, I'll warn you now." I look him up and down. "I suggest you leave me alone."

"You're never pleasant to be around." He scoffs. "I'm not going to kill you today, you're too pathetic to fight right now."

"Wow, thanks for sparing me," I say mockingly. "If you aren't here to fight me, what do you want?"

His features soften. He doesn't look happy or relaxed, just less angry. "I didn't know you could manipulate water. I just thought you could shoot jets of water."