HEA08

TRI

My life is far from perfect no matter how people view me as the luckiest girl to ever be born. I grew up having everything I needed but not what I wanted—freedom. My freedom to speak about the things I want to talk about. My freedom to stand with people I support and believe in. My freedom to choose the path my heart desires to walk to. My freedom to become the person I dream to become. I lived in a mansion where I felt like I was held as a prisoner than a princess. I fought for my keys to leave that life. But I didn't fight alone... I have Dax with me through all of it.

And, yes, our relationship was far from perfect too, but I don't need perfect. I just need him to be there for me in every tear and laugh I'm going to make for this lifetime. Because, truth to be told, no matter how much I crave freedom and independence, I still want him to welcome me in his arms at the end of the day. I still want to sleep next to him. I still want to feel the warmth of the morning sun with him. I still want to watch the sunset with him. I still want to cuddle with him when it's cold. I still want him to hold the umbrella for me when it's raining. I want him forever in my life regardless of whatever season it is.

I am my own person, but I also want to be his. I want him to own me because, with him, I know I can be who I want to be. I can only live the life I always dream to have if I'm with him. For the past three years alone, I knew I was happy but... it's not the same without him in my life. My life's incomplete without him.

"Wala nang atrasan?" Nagbibirong tanong ni daddy sa'kin.

Soon the wooden door in front of us opened, my life would finally begin a new chapter. A new chapter with Dax.

I took a deep breath and nodded. I took a glance at my father and smiled happily. I've never seen my father cry because he always has this trained expression as though he's a soldier who isn't allowed to show any emotion. However, right now, I can see the tears peeking in his eyes.

Three months ago, Dax asked me to marry him. And today, it will happen. I'm finally going to marry the only man I ever loved.

"I always knew you wanted simple things, but I still hope you're going to have a grand wedding. I want the people in our town to know you're happily married." He said and blinked away the tears forming in his eyes.

I hold onto his arms tightly. "This is grand for me, Dad. The people I love are here. And the whole world knows I will be married happily because the people here are my whole world."

He smiled through the tears and nodded.

"Daddy," I called him.

May isang patak ng luha na kumawala sa kaniyang mata at agad niya iyong pinalis. Until now, he doesn't want me to see him crying. But I'm happy to see him like this. Maraming nangyari sa buhay naming pamilya at kung babalikan ko ang nakaraan, hindi ko aakalain na darating kami sa puntong ito. My father showed his love for me in a different way—in ways I never liked. I hated him and loved him. And at this moment, after everything we've been through as a family, I loved him even more. He's not perfect, but he's my father and I want him to trust me. I want him to walk me to Dax and entrust him with my life.

"You are my daughter, Tri. You will always be my only girl." He uttered emotionally and I can't help but get teary-eyed.

"Thank you, Daddy." The only words I was able to express at the moment.

The door of the small chapel here in San Fernando opened and I was welcomed by the few people I and Dax love. My parents including nanay, his family, my co-teachers, Gillian and Archie, Allison and Helia, Cha-cha and her mother with Anong, and also the kids I used to teach back in the days— Jordan, Kenneth, Nabo, Kisa, Angge and Lera. My heart filled with so much joy and warmth when I saw them and realized that they were no longer kids.