Eight

"You look like you've met him  Before" Amanda said to me curiously.
"I'm sorry and your name was ?"
....
Everything went blank .
Part of me was relieved to finally see him again but the other half of me was done with him. He didn't deserve me and I had my mind made up.
The way he lead me on and the tried to prove to me that he wasn't leading me on by LEADING ME ON AGAIN
made me despise him but yet I couldn't help but be happy to be in his presence again.

Ofc I wasn't gonna let that be known though

"Y/N" I scoffed , I knew what he was doing.
I wanted to go off so bad but I couldn't let Amanda  know that I actually knew him .
I know she must've knew something was up.
" She's your new assistant, I showed her around for the day and didn't want to head off without her getting to meet you " she said with a soft chuckle .

I looked down at his defined torso , and back up at his face trying to avoid as much eye contact as possible.

" could you leave us for a bit , I would like to explain my expectations . Thank you for your work today "
"Ofc sir , see you tomorrow"
I dreaded watching her leave out that door and leaving me with him.
" Let me guess ..." I started off.
It was like he already knew what I was going to say or at least where the convo was going to go
He immediately started to walk to me and before I knew it he was standing chest to chest with me .
Man I missed this feeling of being close to him, him staring down on me with his dominance filling the air . The smell of his fine musky cologne.

Before I could even really could try to get sentence out hand his hand on my chin and lifted up my chin so my eyes could meet his.

I snapped myself out it and began to speak again. My thoughts are raging with anger and confusion but when he touches me I can't help but want to be gentle .
" I can't do this with you , you leave me confused all the time. I don't want an explanation, I just want to do my job and leave nothing more or less"
I say lying straight through my teeth.

I knew what I really wanted , and I had a feeling that he knew what I wanted to.
"You don't have to lie to me "

I start to feel angry all over again hearing those words come out of his mouth.

I move his hand from off of my chin.

" Nanami, I'm fucking serious. If your not going to care for me  like I'm a human and not like a play thing then I don't want to do this , I didn't come expecting this , I wanted to get aw-"

I was suddenly shushed by the same warm soft lips I've felt before .

There he was again shoving his tongue down my throat with no warning but as mad as I was I couldn't allow myself to stop him.

He softly grips my throat and suddenly breaks the kiss

"I didn't mean to make things complicated, I'm a busy man but I'll make it work for you . Forgive me"
Then he shushes my thoughts kissing me again.

I needed this confirmation but it's starting to feel like deja vu.
He sure knows how to win me over huh ?
.....
A Few weeks has passed and I'm just now setting into my new job , it's easy by can be very tedious at time especially with Nanami being my boss.

He doesn't show to much favoritism to me when it comes to getting work done and he makes it clear by the massive workloads he gives me .

My co workers are warming up to me and I think I'm actually don't mind being here .

As for me and Nanami , it's ....
Complicated. Still.
One minute we're shoving our mouths onto each other and the next minute we're strictly bussiness partners and I don't think I like it . My feelings are becoming way to deep now and I feel like he still thinks it's a game .
Did I mention he suckkkkss at expressing his feelings , everything is so monotone and nonchalant I can't read it but I feel like he tries to show his emotions with certain hints like the kisses maybe?

Maybe he feels like the simple "did you eat?" Texts were supposed to be enough. But also I feel like I can't even be mad at him because what even are we ?

Whatever the case may be I'm tired of trying to guess it , and after talking to my best friend about it I've came to the conclusion I'm going to keep this thing between me and him strictly bussiness.

I need to detach my feelings and just be his assistant . That's just the only way I can be able to continue to be good at my work at this agency. As annoyingly hard that will be since he knows exactly how to make me fold under his pressure , I have to do this for me and my mental sake .

Plus he's not the only hottie in the workplace .
I think I could feel some chemistry between me and Chris .

He's tall , well put together , brown eyes , curly hair  , you can tell he his figure is shaped nicely by the way his white work top is slighting snugging his lower abs as it's tucked into his shirt . And I love staring at his tattoos on his skin when his sleeves are rolled up .

Maybe this won't be as annoying as I thought.

He is such a gentleman . Always opening doors for me , offering to help and keep me company when I'm alone on late work days like today .
And I don't think I'm the only girl in the office with my eyes on him but I can't blame them .
He's pretty popular here .

Nanami laid the load on me thick , luckily I'm almost done with it but it's going to take me at least another hour before I can be freed for day .

It's around 8pm and here I am slaving away and yawning , usually around this time I'm getting ready for bed to do this all over again the next day.

As finishing up on my last project for today , Chris sees me in my office through my window and he decides to let himself in . As usual I guess .
"(Y/N!)
"CHRIS!" I say back to him , giving him the same energy .
" why is my pretty lady still here ? I'm guessing you need me to assist you again?"
"Your ?"
"Only if you want to be , of course" he says shyly.
"I'm just talking, you know I don't mind" I smirk back at him .
' Nanami gave me a real workload today " I say sighing .
" Doesn't he usually ?"
" I guess your right . I'm almost done though . Butttt I would love your company"
" of course you would" he says with a flirty smile on his face .
Chris is a big flirter bur I don't mind it all. He makes me have something to look forward to outside of money when coming here , plus Nan only give me attention when he feels like it .

Chris gives me attention whenever he can.

As I'm finishing up my work and flirting it up with chris as usual before my day ends he asks me to go on a date with him to which I agreed because ....
WHY NOT?
We exchanged numbers and he walked me to my car and wished me a goodnight  .

I'm so excited