Pt. 7

"Holy shit! He actually likes me back! How do I say I like him too?! Ok, ok, calm down Yu. It's way easier to tell Asahi you like him if he likes you back." Noya thought. He walked quickly to his first period class. As he was walking down the hallway, he saw Asahi walking towards him. Without thinking he turned around and decided it would be easier to take the long way to his class. As he walked through the unfamiliar hallway he turned his head and saw Daichi staring at him from inside his classroom. He instantly sped up but quickly realized the halls had pretty much emptied. He started to run but the bell had already rang. He turned and entered his classroom, with everyone staring at him.

"And what is your excuse for being late this time Noya?" His teacher said in a condescending tone.

"I-uh, I was at the nurse." He said raising his right arm. A few of his friends looked up shocked.

"When did that happen?!" One of them asked.

"Yesterday." Noya said, slightly hesitant.

"Please take your seat Noya. I'm won't mark you late this time but if it happens again I will have to." Noya quickly took his seat and his teacher started the lesson.

As the last bell rang Noya sprinted to the gym. When he arrived Ukai was waiting at the bench.

"No use putting your stuff in the locker room kiddo. Sit." He pointed aggressively to the bench. Noya complied and sat at the very edge of the bench.

"Is Yamagucchi gonna be here today." He asked.

"Probably. He told me yesterday that he's going to skip morning practice but he'll come in the afternoon." Just as Ukai said that Tsukkishima walked in with his green-haired friend close behind.

"Tsukki! Slow down! You know I can't keep up that well!

"Then get better at keeping up!"

There's three of you in the gym and Im already getting a headache! Quiet!" Ukai yelled. Yamagucchi made his way over to the bench at sat with Noya.

"Doesn't it suck being stuck on the bench?" Noya said to Yamagucchi.

"Wouldn't be on the bench so long if you said something sooner." Ukai said loudly. Noya ignored Ukais snarky remark and continued talking to Yamagucchi. Practice soon started but Noya noticed that Asahi hadn't shown up. He started to worry as he watched the door, but he only saw Takeda walk in.

"Hey Noya! Takeda said. "How's the arm?"

"Fine." He said, trying to avoid the subject. In reality it hurt way worse then the day he first sprained it. Probably because he landed on that arm again during the match.

"Good. Your sister seemed nice, although very chaotic. She might even be worse than Saeko"

"It's not that bad, it's mostly when their together that it's super bad."

"Sorry I'm late!" Asahi yelled as he ran into the gym. "My friend needed help with something."

"It's fine just hurry up next time!" Ukai yelled. Asahi nodded and ran into the locker room. As he came out he passed Noya on the bench and shyly waved at him. Noya waved back, looking away as he did.

"Why aren't you talking to eachother today?" Ukai asked.

"What do you mean?" Noya asked.

"You and Asahi are acting weird around eachother. Usually you guys are attached at the hip.

"Well I am stuck on the bench..." Noya said wishing he could change the subject.

"Get used to it. Unless you choose to tell us next time." Ukai said.