Chapter 6: Favorable or Unfavorable Crushes?

Damon POV

In the car

I couldn't stop thinking about Elena as I was driving home. It was obvious that Stefan has a crush on Elena. I mean who wouldn't? With those doe-like brown eyes, stick-straight mocha flowing locks and a figure that would make even a Victoria's Secret angel jealous.

"Don't even bother. You won't even attract her attention after she knows what you really are like. You can go back to your one night stands and drinking buddies after you've dropped me off at home."

I silently gritted my teeth and cursed to myself. Why had I let my tiny flicker of crush on Elena be known by Stefan? That way any chance of Elena getting to know the real me was dashed by my brother. But I wasn't going to go down without a fight. Just meeting her gaze today made my entire body feel like it was on fire. I could feel it in my bones that Elena wasn't just going to be some fling, but much much more. I just had to make sure to catch her when she wasn't glued to saint Stefan.

Elena POV

Wow Damon was hot. And I mean HOT. He seem genuinely nice today, with the way he treated me and he kissed me on my knuckles!!! My face flamed red once again just thinking about it. But the sadness and loneliness that I had seen in the depths of his ocean blue eyes had me curious. What had Stefan done or what was happening in his family that had him looking like a loss little boy for that fraction of a second?

"Hey Elena!! You're back early!"

I snapped out of my daydream upon hearing Caroline's chirpy voice. I sighed and looked down at my worksheets that I was supposed to be doing, but instead, I was dreaming of a certain Salvatore brother.

"Hey Care, Hey Bon."

"What's wrong Lena? You seem a little out of it. I even caught you daydreaming as we came in, and that usually never happens whenever there is homework spread out on your table."

"Nothing Bon. I just feel a little tired that's all, it's been a really long day."

Bonnie gave me a knowing look that screamed she didn't buy whatever I was saying. I sighed yet again and relented.

"Ok fine... you guys saw through it. You remember my partner Stefan?"

"Oh you mean that super cute partner of yours that has an extremely sparkly bright pair of forest green eyes?"

"Yeap Care, that one. So because Stefan's car broke down today, his brother had to come pick him up. Well, his brother is called Damon and has these really captivating pair of ocean blue eyes and he doesn't seem like the kind of person that Stefan says he his. I mean Stefan always calls him a manipulative idiot and a player but it doesn't seem so, cause for a split second, I saw a hint of sadness and loneliness in his eyes. It was like he missed his brother and genuinely wanted to repair their relationship. Other than that he gave me a kiss on my knuckles and I blushed like mad..."

"OH MY GOSH!" Caroline cried out.

"You definitely have a crush on Damon freaking Salvatore! You just blushed while talking about him and you have this dreamy look in your eyes. And the fact that you didn't even seem to bother about what Stefan said about him being some player...Elena Gilbert finally has a crush on someone! YES!!!"

Stefan POV

As I sat myself in Damon's car and looked back to Damon and Elena, I saw him press a kiss to her knuckles. What right did Damon have to put his filthy lips on her flawless skin? That pair of lips had kiss countless other women that were not worth mentioning had no right to be on Elena Gilbert's skin. But I saw Elena blush instead of pulling away and I internally vomited. Didn't she pay any attention to what I had said about my brother? Probably not.

As Damon drove us home, I caught the weird look on his face. Realizing the look on Damon's face might have had something to do with Elena, I told him, "Don't even bother. You won't even attract her attention after she knows what you really are like. You can go back to your one night stands and drinking buddies after you've dropped me off at home."

Upon seeing Damon grit his teeth, I silently laughed to myself and gave Damon a smug smile that I'm sure went unnoticed by him. I had to keep Elena away from Damon at all costs, furthermore if she was starting to develop a crush on Damon. I noticed that Elena was always together with a blonde haired girl and another with a rather dark skin tone. I figured that they were her best friends who were also in the exchange program like her. Maybe I'll ask them to keep an eye out for me in case Damon decides to do something funny when I'm not around Elena. I smirked to myself and thought, game on brother.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Heyz everyone!!!

So after a month long haitus I'm finally backkkkkk. Super sorry for the longgggg wait. I was distracted by other books on wattpad and fanfiction.net...... sighhhhh. I'll try to write more consistently since my break is coming to an end and sadly school is starting up again. I also have competitions round the corner, so yeah.... But... I JUZ HAD THE BEST WEEKEND EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR CAUZ  MollyB6 MADE IT POSSIBLE.muaks muaks. Love you all :)