New Best Friends, New Lovebirds

***

The music was heard filling the classroom. It kind of sounded a little lilting. The lyrics seemed to be able to hypnotize anyone around the room. Especially for someone who's going through a heartbreak.

This morning, the music class for senior students was going on, which included Kenzie and her friends. All of the students there were playing their musical instruments, guided by a teacher.

Kenzie was playing her violin with a blank gaze looking straight ahead, as if she was thinking about something. Her mind was now wandering to yesterday where she was with Chandler.

That afternoon, Kenzie felt soothing when she listened to Chandler's singing voice along the acoustic guitar he played. And when Chandler finished his performance in the music studio, the guy started asking her about something.

"So, what did you like about my show earlier?" Chandler somehow put on a sad look.

"The music" Kenzie put on a different look. "I enjoyed the music."

Chandler sighed. "So did it really make you happy?"

"Yes," Kenzie nodded enthusiastically with sparkling eyes. "I am very happy to have you. I love you, Chandler."

"But, I didn't." Chandler's statement made Kenzie fall silent with a gasp. It seemed like the girl was starting to assume that Chandler didn't love her anymore. "I mean, I didn't enjoy the music."

Kenzie began to breathe a sigh of relief, "So what are you trying to say?"

"I'm not completely happy today. So, I'm just trying to understand the lyrics."

The flashback apparently was able to attract the girl to recite several sentences that the guy had said in the real world.

"When you are happy, you will enjoy the music.. But when you are sad, you will understand the lyrics."

"Frank Ocean."

Immediately the other students stopped their activities from playing the instruments, when Kenzie did the same thing earlier with the murmurs of musician Frank Ocean which was then explained by Mrs. Garcia.

"So," Mrs. Garcia spoke, which made her fully awake from the daydreaming. The girl began to stare at the teacher. "How do you feel now?"

"Happy," Kenzie quickly put on a fake smile. "Because I enjoy the music, ma'am."

"Then do you understand the lyrics?" The teacher asked her, raising one of her eyebrows.

Kenzie exhaled heavily with her another fake smile. "Very."