12. Chameleon

MJS: Bol Neysa.. Why you look so irked?

Neysa: Mat poochiye madam.. Bahar lucknow sheher ke saare local, state aur national reporters milke itna shor macha rahe hai ki bechaare night duty guards ko ghar jaane ke liye bhi nahi de rahe hai.. (said in an irksome tone)

While Maya JaiSingh shook her head in disbelief, Karishma asked,

KS: Kya!?.. Lekin unko kaise pataa chala kal raat ke iss hadse ke baare me.. I hadn't even reported my seniors about this accident..

Neysa: They are not here for reporting the accident Inspector.. they are here asking the reason for shifting the company headquarters from Mumbai to Lucknow.. They are creating their own baseless conspiracy theories proposing those to be the actual reason behind such a drastic move of Maya Constructions..

KS: What the hell!!! Isn't it a company's right to shift it's headquarters where it wants!? What's a big deal in that..

MJS: Their issue is not with the shifting Karishma.. Their issue is with our company.. Since our's is a real estate firm.. they are feeling like we are conspiring to acquire the agriculture lands of the poor farmers and government-owned grasslands by bribing the government officials..

KS: (raising her eyebrows with amusement) Some times these guys amuse me with their creativity.. (said humorously earning a chuckle from Maya and continued) Don't worry Neysaji.. Let me handle them.. (said earning a nod from Neysa this time)

MJS: Thank you Karishma.. But I don't want you to get involved in these dirty corporate games.. It might affect your career in the force..

KS: Mayaji trust me.. I don't favour you on camera on-duty.. I don't even say a word supporting you.. I will zip my mouth as soon as we get out of the mansion.. Just let me drive you to your office as a sister okay? (asked Maya hopefully)

MJS: (confused) Uhm.. Okay!!?
And Karishma reassures Maya with an assuring nod.

MJS: By the way, Neysa.. What are the red marks on your cheek.. how did you get hurt? (asked cluelessly in a concerned tone)

Neysa: (fumbling) Uhmm.. Maya Madam.. actually.. yeah.. actually I was teaching a lady self-defense.. So while training her.. I got punched accidentally by her..

MJS: (trying hard to keep a straight face) So you failed to defend yourself teaching others to defend themselves.. Nice!! (said earning a sheepish smile from Neysa)

Karishma looked confusingly at Neysa but maintained her silence on receiving a slight negative nod from the latter, which could be observed only by Inspector Karishma Singh.

MJS: (sipping her green tea) Theek hai.. Neysa.. tum bhi aao beto..

Neysa: Nahi madam.. Mai ghar me khalugi..

MJS: Pataa hai mujhe tumhare ghar me khane ka sacchai.. Half of the restaurants in lucknow must be running because of you.. Ghar jaakar kuch banaane ka wakt kaha hota hai tere paas.. Whole day you will be tailing me as if someone is going to murder me in your absence and I'm gonna leave for heavens..

Neysa/Karishma: Madam/Mayaji.. (in an annoyed yet concerned tone)

MJS: (raising her forearms from the table defeatedly) Okay okay fine.. But you Neysa hurry up and finish your breakfast.. we gotta leave to our office.. It's already time...