17. By your side

Early Morning 5:00 AM,
Chaturvedi Nivas, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh

CC: Spare keys to our house and study room madam.. You may need it..
Said proffering the a bunch of keys to Karishma.
KS: I can't thank you enough guys.. You truly saved my sanity..
SS: (with a pleasant smile) It's our pleasure and duty madam..
KS: Well I'll leave now.. I should reach home before amma wakes up.. See you guys later at station..
And Karishma bolts towards her bullet.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Morning 5:45 AM,
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
It seemed like the sun was planning to rise from the west that day because the one, who was known for her outstanding road racing skills, was riding her "Havaijahaaj" as if she were slow racing a tortoise. The image of the whiteboard containing all those information printed in different coloured inks was being continuously displayed before her eyes by her encephalon. After covering some distance at the same snail-like speed, the Avenger Cruise suddenly came to a halt in the middle of an empty road with a squeal following a subtle squeak of the hand brake. Furrowing her eyebrows, she gets lost calculating something in her brain. After a couple of minutes, a 1000 volts victory smile brightens her dull face. With an infinite amount of unprecedented enthusiasm, she reignites her bullet and briskly takes a U-turn to race with the cold winds of a misty morning towards her newfound destination.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Morning 7:45 AM,
Chaturvedi Nivas, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh

SS: Madam..!!?? What are you doing here!? You haven't left for your house yet!? We were actually leaving for the station to send Maddam Sir home from her night duty.. (in an astonished tone)

The ASI in her khaki uniform, asked her senior, who was standing at her door in the civil outfit carrying a winning smile on her visage.

KS: (in a confident tone) The very first knot of the tangled string has been unraveled ASI Santosh Sharma!

SS: (in a confused tone) Sorry madam.. I didn't get you..

KS: (showing her smartphone screen with a smile) Isn't it the one you were referring to??

SS: (widening her eyes while closing her involuntarily open mouth with her palm) Undoubtedly Karishma madam!! But where did you get this pic??.. Whose bracelet is this..?? Did you find Karu!? (snatching the phone from Karishma's and turning her neck towards the indoors of house, yelling) Cheete.. Where are you??.. Come here.. you have to see this.. Karishma madam found karu's bracelet within hours..

KS: Santu.. Don't be overexcited.. I will explain you everything.. but shall I get in first??

SS: (slapping her forehead) Ohh sorry madam.. Please come in.. Would you like some tea..??

KS: No thanks Santu.. I already finished my breakfast at Maddam Sir's house..

SS: (in a befuddled tone) Maddam Sir!?? (on receiving a positive nod) No.. That's impossible!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

FLASHBACK
Morning 6:15 AM,
Noor Nivas, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.

"Ding Dong"

A lady in her mid 50's opened the door with a tired sleepy face. But as soon as she saw the face of her early morning guest, a huge toothy grin made its way to her face.

Lady: (in a surprised tone) Karishma beta tum!???

KS: (with a wholehearted smile) Haa Ammi.. Ye lijiye.. Aapke liye..