Chapter 1

Marinette's POV

Today was the day. It wasn't just any day, it was Saint Athanasius Day, Adrien's fifth name!

I glanced down at the blue gift box in my arms, the box that contained the beret I stitched by hand for him. The beret was black with stripes that coordinated Adrien's shirt that he always wore, and was completed with white hearts that I embroidered by hand. My heart pounded at the thought of him opening it.

I'm going to do it. For real this time. I'm going to tell Adrien how I feel.

-

-

-

I tried to bring myself to drop the gift off, but just like the dozens of other attempts, my nerves got the best of me, but my friends didn't let me give up easily this time. Rose finally put her foot down and insisted that I gave Adrien his gift, so here I am, once again heading to the Agreste mansion.

My hands shook as I clutched the gift box, but my friends were right. I had to do this. I had to give Adrien his gift.

"Are you really gonna do this?" Tikki peeked out of my purse to ask me.

"I am Tikki, and you know what I won't take for an answer?"

-

-

-

"No." The dull voice of Adrien's caretaker echoed through the speaker in front of his house.

"Okay.. um.. when will he be back?" I ask timidly, as my confidence began to waver.

"I can't tell you. Goodbye, young lady," she replied coldly, and the camera disappeared.

"But... Adrien's fencing class ended 27 minutes ago.. He should be back by now!" I say to myself, confused.

"Maybe you can give him his present tomorrow at school?" Tikki suggests.

My mind flashes back to my friends. I can't let them down again!

"No. You heard what Rose said. I can't back out again. Since he's not back yet, I can go through the window." I reply, ready to transform into my superhero form.

"Oh, no no no! You know it's not a good idea to use your powers for personal reasons," Tikki says sternly.

"I'll be quick, Tikki! No one will ever know!" I run into an alleyway, and transform. "Tikki, spots on!"

I use my yoyo and fly into Adrien's room through the window. Even though I've been here before, his room always leaves me feeling awestruck.

"Adrien's trophies... Adrien's basketball hoop... Adrien's foosball table... Adrien's desk... Adrien's video games..." I say to myself, running my hands over each of his belongings.

"Adrien's bed!" I collapse into my crush's bed, my mind starting to wander. I start to sniff his pillow, taking in his wonderful scent.

I hear a noise downstairs that signals Adrien's arrival. Shoot!

I start to place his gift on the pillow and take off, but then I remember that I forgot to sign the card. Desperately, I search for a pen, but settle for a pencil on Adrien's desk. "This should do."

"Signed Marinette."

I heard Adrien walking towards his room, so quickly, I swing out the window.

Phew, that was a close one.

I swing from rooftop to rooftop, heading back to Collège Françoise Dupont. Before I can get any further, a glowing blue light stops me.

"Bunnyx?" I ask, confused as the older superhero steps out of the portal.