𝓟𝓡𝓞𝓛𝓞𝓖𝓤𝓔

As far as she could remember, she had always loved that color.

Even in her human life, she had favorited the color.

The color held a special meaning to her. A meaning of love; loss; and the color that changed her entire life. The color of roses, of the color of the blood that ran through her veins.

No one ever told her that, but she had long since figured she was an odd kind, even amongst demons, for she remembered her human life as clearly as yesterday. She could easily recall the way the sun's rays, something she could never feel again without intense pain, shining and warming her pale skin, remember with ease the nights she spent sitting next to the fire, listening to tales spun from the ingenuity of the mind, and passed down through generations.

How she missed those days.

She didn't mind being a demon. The demon blood that coursed through her veins meant she no longer needed to lie in bed all day long, praying to live another day. It allowed her to do all those activities she'd always wished but was never able to do. She no longer had the sickly pale complexion she had possessed during the entirety of her human life; no longer had to wear that ugly gray sack of a kimono.

No. She was a being above humanity now.

Humans fear creatures of the night, they fear her. No one would ever dare to call her weak or useless again. No one would ever jeer and laugh at her through the window, never throw pebbles at her again.

Because now, she can kill them with ease, almost boredom.

Spilling their mortal blood, sending them to their early graves with one mere flick of her hand, just a small activation of her powers were enough to have them choking on their very own blood, gagging and pleading for mercy in broken sentences.

And she would paint the ground in the color she so loved.

𝑅𝑒𝒹.