nine | away from home

Wednesday had just released the third volume of her highly anticipated book series, "The De La Muertes." Her novels, known for their dark and thrilling tales, had gathered a devoted following over the years. She now had a total of eight books.

As the evening began, Enid found Wednesday in her study, surrounded by piles of books and papers. She looked up, a sly smile playing on her lips.

"Congratulations, my New York Times best selling author," Enid purred, wrapping her arms around Wednesday from behind.

Wednesday leaned back into the embrace, "Thank you, Cara Mia. You've been very supportive."

Enid glanced at the piles of books. Which Wednesday took notice to, with a sly grin, Wednesday held up a copy of the new book. "Shall I sign one for you, Cara Mia?"

Enid chuckled. "Of course, though I'm quite familiar with your work."

As Wednesday signed the book, she asked, "Are you planning on joining me to the book signing tomorrow?"

Enid considered it for a moment. "I'd love to, but I was thinking... Maybe it's time we take a little trip. Just the two of us."

Wednesday arched an eyebrow, intrigued. "A trip? What do you have in mind?"

Enid's eyes sparkled with mischief. "Well, we haven't had much time to ourselves lately, what with the kids and their... transformative experiences. I thought it would be a good opportunity to reconnect."

Wednesday's lips curled into a sly smile. "You make a compelling argument, Cara Mia. Where shall we go?"

Enid leaned in, her voice dropping to a sultry tone. "How about a secluded cabin in the woods?"

Wednesday's eyes gleamed with interest. "A cabin in the woods, you say? That does have a certain appeal...Higher chances of getting murdered."

"And you ruined it." Enid sighed. "Babe, if we do this, no work aloud! We need time to ourselves."

Wednesday turned around and faced her wife, "You're right, Enid. I'll call my parents and let them know. I'm sure out little devils would love to stay with them."

As the plans for their trip took place, Enid and Wednesday couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation. It had been far too long since they had taken some time for themselves, away from parenting and their daily routines.

The day of their departure, Enid and Wednesday gathered the children in the living room.

"Alright, little devils," Wednesday began in her usual firm voice. "Grandma and Grandpa are going to take care of you while Mommy and I are away. Listen to them, and don't cause too much mayhem, alright?"

Atlas and Dante exchanged mischievous glances, but nodded in agreement. They adored their grandparents and knew that their time with them was always filled with so much fun.

Enid knelt down, her expression warm and loving. "Be good for Grandma and Grandpa, alright? And don't forget to practice your ballet, Atlas."

Atlas nodded enthusiastically. "I promise, Mommy! And I'll help Dante with his music too!"

Dante gave a small smile, grateful for his sister's support. But he knew he didn't need it.

Morticia, elegant as always, stepped forward. "My darling grandbabies, we shall have the most delightful time together. There are so many wonderful activities planned."

"Indeed! We've been preparing for your visit, my dearest ones. We have many things to do and perhaps a bit of swordplay too!" Gomez added.

Both kids jumped in joy. Enid looked somewhat worried, she loved her in-laws, but sometimes they could go overboard. But they are the Addams family after all.