fourteen | return to nevermore

At fourteen, the twins were about to begin their journey at Nevermore Academy, the same school where their mothers, Enid and Wednesday, had once walked the halls. Their first day was held with a mixture of nervousness and excitement.

The Addams Mansion buzzed with activity as the family prepared for the first day. Enid had been up since dawn making sure everything was perfect for her kids. She was currently finishing up a delicious breakfast. Meanwhile, Wednesday had helped the kids pack their suitcases up.

Atlas skipped down the stairs in her new uniform. The crisp white shirt, black and purple striped blazer, paired with a skirt looked stylish on her. She added some white ribbons into her hair and paired the outfit with black doc martens, adding her own style into her uniform. She couldn't contain her excitement, her eyes sparkled as she fixed the ribbons in her hair.

Dante, on the other hand, was nice and poised. His uniform was neatly pressed, his dark hair combed back with precision. He carried his keyboard with him, and headphones plugged into his ears. Unlike his sister, Dante preferred the quiet intensity of music to the bustling social scenes Atlas thrived in.

"Are you two ready for your first day at Nevermore?" Enid asked, her voice filled with excitement. She walked over to the table and set the kid's breakfast in front of them as they sat down.

Atlas grinned widely. "Absolutely! I can't wait to meet everyone and start dance classes."

Dante nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "I'm looking forward to the music program."

Wednesday, standing beside Enid, looked at her children with a mix of pride and her usual stoic expression. "Remember, Nevermore is a place for you to grow and find your own paths, just as it was for your mother and me."

Enid glanced at her wife, her eyes softening. "And don't forget to have fun and make friends," she added, her tone light and encouraging.

The family continued to eat breakfast together, laughing and talking about Wednesday and Enid's days at Nevermore. As they finished up they cleaned up and prepared all their last minute necessities. The family piled into the car, the journey to Nevermore filled with more stories of Enid and Wednesday's time at the academy. The tales of their adventures and misadventures excited the twins.

When they arrived at the grand gates of Nevermore, Atlas and Dante stepped out, their eyes wide with wonder. The gothic architecture, the sprawling grounds, and the hint of mystery that surrounded the school all contributed to its unique charm.

"Well, if it isn't the Addamses," a voice said.

Both Wednesday and Enid turned around, recognizing the familiar voice. Enid let out a squeal of delight and ran to hug her old friend. "Bianca!" Enid exclaimed, enveloping her in a warm embrace. "We've missed you so much! How have you been?"

Bianca Barclay, who had moved to California years ago and rarely visited, returned the hug with equal enthusiasm. "I've missed you too, Enid! I've been great. After I moved to California, I got my master's degree. Nevermore was hiring, and I couldn't resist the opportunity to come back."

Enid pulled back, her eyes shining with happiness. "That's amazing! It's so good to have you back. We've missed you more than you can imagine."

Bianca then turned to Wednesday with a smile. "Addams."

Wednesday gave a small nod, her expression neutral but her eyes holding a hint of warmth. "Barclay."

The twins, witnessing this reunion, looked curiously at the newcomer. "Mommy, who's this?" Atlas asked, her curiosity piqued.

"This is Bianca Barclay," Enid explained, her voice filled with excitement. "She was one of our closest friends when we were students here. And you two used to be friends with her daughter, Bella, when you were toddlers."