Old friends and Heavenly Hugs

I ran down my street with my friends, my brother trying to keep up. Suddenly my old home loomed over me, the sky went dark as the front door broke in two. I woke. Tears rolling down my face. That dream again, thanks mum.

I pulled myself from the warm covers of my bed and blurry eyed stumbled to the bathroom. Opening the door I heard, squeak! What's that? I thought. I closed the door then opened it again. Squeeaak. There it is again hmmmm. I rubbed my eyes, the mystery waking me up a little. I opened the door this time slowly. Squeeeaaakk. I turned my head to see a bright eyed Sparks standing next to me with a cheeky grin on his face. Ignoring him I shut the door one more time and opened it.

"Squueeeeaaaakkk." He said. Looking straight at him I raised my hand and slapped him round the face.

"Morning." I said, feeling very refreshed after that, and entered the bathroom.

"Moorning." He replied holding his very red cheek.

After a nice hot shower, I walked over to the kitchen for my breakfast and turned on the TV.

"On to the main story of the day." The TV spoke as it broadcasted the news. "A rise in serious crime, amongst D class villains, has the Prime Minister questioning the villain class system." The TV flashed to the smartly dressed Hero PR manager and number one negotiator Ginkaku, otherwise known as Silver Tongue.

"We currently have our top power experts on the case, and are working closely with the government in order to create a system that encompasses both what the individual's powers may be capable of, and the probability that they might commit more serious crime." She announced

"What about the suggestion of registering people whose power could easily be used for crime as villains, before they can commit a crime?" Asked a reporter

"I will not let that suggestion become a reality. You don't choose the power you are born with, but you do choose what to do with it. That's all for today." The flashes of cameras were joined by the voices of reporters shouting their questions as she left the podium and headed back inside Hero HQ.

"Ahh so you have a class system for your so-called villains." Said Sparks, pausing for a second. "So what is it?"

"Simple really you have to have a power to be a villain otherwise you are just a criminal. Then your class depends on the crime you commit: A class is Mass murder, taking hostages etc. B class is murder armed robbery or powered robbery etc. C is serious assault, assault with power and using a power to manipulate others, and D class are minor crimes etc."

"Ok." He replied, absorbing the information.

"Aren't you going to have breakfast?" I asked, as I poured myself a bowl of cereal.

"I've had mine. More importantly, when are we off to work???" He asked excitedly.

"Hero work isn't like that you know." I answered between mouthfuls.

"How is it then?"

"We are self employed. We respond to calls when we get them from this." I said proudly, pointing at my small blue Hero phone that was laying on the table in front of me. "But I like to patrol as well. After all, it helps bring some extra cash if I run into a crime or a criminal with a bounty."

"Does that mean we are jumping back into that smart car again???" He asked, clearly disgusted at the idea.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked sharply, as I finished my breakfast. "Terry is a fantastic car."

"Pfffftttt it can't even get past eighty miles an hour." He laughed.

"Eighty four actually and that's only because they restrict it." I replied, annoyed by his ignorance.