Criminals

"We are criminals, the arsonists, the thieves and the rapists; we are the stains on your 'wonderful' countries flag"

This was written in every single page of Susan Fishers geography jotter, she sat silently at the front of the class pretending to think of reasons why the United Kingdom’s birth rate was low, but instead her mind was on the rotting corpse which was hiding under her bed at home. The girl lived with her aunt who didn't pay much attention to her, she never went to her school shows, she hardly ever talked to her so Susan wasn't worried about it her aunt never stepped a foot in her room. Susan had been living with her aunt for most of her life; her parents died what she was five years old. Her parents they had went into the store to get basic things, milk, eggs, washing up powder and other home essentials, they had been in the store for way longer than an hour and Susan was left in the car, they told her that they'd only be ten minutes, she climbed into the front seat and opened the door as the back doors of the car were on child lock.

The little girl had pushed the door hard and walked in and found herself paddling in a sea of blood, her blue eyes settled on her father lying face down on the ground...but his head was nowhere near his body it was far away at the other side. Her eyes left her father and they soon found her mother and one of her arms and legs were missing, Susan slid on to her hands and knees and cried rocking gently back and forth, closing her eyes tight, she did this about ten times before finally taking in the fact that her parents were gone, she wanted it all to be a dream and that she would wake up. For what seemed like forever she heard a small movement and her eyes flashed open and she saw a boy standing before her holding an axe in one hand and a gun in the other, he was covered head to toe in blood, his eyes were a dark grey almost black and his hair dark brown and very messy, they both had stared at each other for a long time the silence hanging in the air between them. The boy cocked his head to the left then he held up the gun and aimed it at her but he stopped and took it down again then moved towards the scared child, he held out his hand to Susan who wiped away her tears with her t-shirt sleeve before taking hold of his bloody hand. Susan looked into his eyes and the fear grew stronger she moved away from him and he walked past her to open the door.

"You killed my mummy and daddy" she sobbed as she watched him open the door slightly. He looked at her again and gave a small smile to her as saying 'sorry' but deep inside she knew that wasn't what he was smiling at. She was put through so much therapy and to begin with it seemed to help but after the years of horrible memories and nightmares Susan knew what she was becoming. It had been ten years since her parents were murdered and the police gave up looking for the boy who did it, Susan also gave up but not with herself, she gave up with the police she was hunting for this boy and when she found him she won't give him time to scream.

Nobody apart from her aunt knew about her parent’s murder for she knew if anyone knew everyone would treat her differently, though she used this event in an imaginative story for English and she got an A+

People at her school were scared of her and they couldn’t work out why, she hardly ever spoke, she kept to herself, no friends and when people did try to talk to her all she did was stare at them and her stare was somewhat cold.

Susan was a silent girl, but she was smart, she observed everything around her, what people said; if anyone threatened her she would likely blackmail them, she was powerful but was never noticed until the moment came. She has only ever been one fight at school and it was with the head cheerleader, Megan Lindy, she was teasing Susan for a while until she pushed her to the ground, of course Susan got her back, she broke Megan’s arm and nose. No one messed with her after that.

 The body under her bed was a girl called Cassie, it took her a long time to track her down but she eventually found her living a nice life in a small home with a black and white cat, the dead girl had a fling with the murderer she was hunting so Susan had thought that they might have still been in contact. Cassie had sworn she had no clue where he was but once her body was lifeless Susan hunted down her phone for the murderer, Cassie had made it to easy, Susan had went through the contacts when she came to one which had a heart next to it.