Chapter 7

Scott took me to a cozy family restaurant that supposedly had a reputation for the best pizzas around. We sat at the round table in a faraway corner, where the lights didn't shine so bright, and it was more secluded and private.

"This place is amazing, Scott."

"I know." He smiled and pushed my chair — which he'd just pulled out for me. "I'm glad you like it."

The waiter arrived shortly after we had sat down, giving us the menus and time to decide.

"What is good here?" I asked.

"Well..." Scott started but was interrupted by a man, leaning backwards on his chair from his table to ours.

"I recommend pasta with tomato sauce. I know it sounds simple but, man, no one makes it like these guys."

I was just about to pivot and see who he was, when I froze midway, my body staying twisted from our table.

Fuck. Me. Again.

Braxton smiled his rockstar's smile that put his straight, white teeth on full display, showing off his dimples and the charming wrinkles around the corners of his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked automatically, getting slowly fed up with him showing everywhere I went lately. I know it was coincident, albeit it still drove me mad.

His expression could be perceived as highly innocent, had I not seen his other side before. "Am I not allowed to enjoy a dinner with a friend?" he pointed to a beautiful brunette girl sitting across from him. She waved shyly.

"Hy, I'm Jen."

Jen seemed too good for Braxton. Where did he find her?

I smiled politely. "Marlene."

I decided not to let him ruin the beautiful night ahead of me, so I turned back to Scott to continue our conversation, ignoring Braxton completely.

I felt him slide back into place, not missing the agitated sigh he'd let out.

Marlene 1, Braxton 0.

~~~

The dinner had been wonderful and even the annoying presence of a rocker behind me faded with time. Scott was just the best.

"I'm sorry for that," he apologised. I spun my neck to look at him as I pushed my arms trough the sleeves of my coat which he'd been holding up for me.

"For what?"

"For Braxton." He looked genuinely remorseful.

I smiled, looped a hand around his elbow and leaned onto him. "There is nothing to be sorry for. It's not your fault the guy is a jerk."

Scott gave me a small smile, although I could see it was still bothering him.

"Scott," I stopped our walk down the busy, lit up street. "I promise it didn't bother me, it doesn't bother me. How could it, when I just had the loveliest evening with the loveliest man."

He flashed me a bright grin, stopping us in the middle of the pavement. People were still waling past us, some glancing giving us the looks, annoyed we obstructed the path, but I couldn't care less. He leaned in, right then and there, his palms framing my cheeks as they reddened, pressing our bodies flush together. He was gentle, testing my limits, testing what I'd allow. But as soon as I parted my lips he became braver, his mouth more exploring on mine. I ran my fingers up his neck. My tongue brushed against his and stars exploded behind my eyelids.

His kissing was ecstatic.

When Scott pulled back my grin was so wide it would've ripped my head in half if not for my ears.

My fingers were still gripping his arms and I felt tingly all over.

"I'm sorry, I had to," he apologised, although his eyes sparkled far too much for it to be sincere.

Grabbing his coat, I pulled him back in.