3. THE ANGRY FIRECRACKER [KARMA]

—Adam's second wife Eve, bore him children to fill the Earth and for a time, all was right with humankind

[KARMA]

"HEY SEXY BOY I've got you wrapped around my finger! L-O-V-E really doesn't mean much!"

I shot up in bed, heart racing out of my chest, to find Kaitlyn practically screaming in my face.

"What the hell?" I shrieked back.

Grinning from ear to ear, she hopped off my bed and I tossed a pillow at her back that fell short when she ran out of the room, still screaming the Falling In Reverse song.

It was now 7 AM on a Saturday morning and Kaitlyn was already up and about? That was unheard of for someone like her.

I grew suspicious.

Huffing, I dragged my lethargic body out of bed and straight into the bathroom where I took a hot shower.

I headed down to the kitchen where I found Kaitlyn eating breakfast. Kait had this weird thing where, instead of making a normal sandwich like everyone else, she would just use a spoon to scoop up a wad of peanut butter, eating it straight from the jar as she'd been doing ever since she was five.

I warmed my left over dinner in the microwave before plopping down across from the huge smile plastered on her face.

"Why are you so happy?" I quirked a brow.

She jiggled excitedly in her seat, "I was dying for you to ask! So last night at her party Carmen got piss drunk and dropped her phone-"

"Who's Carmen?" I asked cutting her off.

"Carmen. Cassidy's sister? She's in my grade. I swear Karma you never know anyone do you?"

"Just go on with the story," My eyes rolled almost automatically.

"Okay, so she was drunk as fu-"

I shot her a warning glare and she laughed awkwardly.

"Oops, I mean she was um..." she said as if fishing for the right word, "intoxicated," she said, snapping and pointing at me when she finally got it.

I nodded as I forked the delicious curry into my mouth while Kaitlyn shook her head at me but continued the story.

"Anyway, so she dropped her phone and actually left it there! I freaked out 'cause I thought it would get lost and I wouldn't be able to enjoy the party but then..." She paused for dramatic effect and I faked an obnoxious yawn, a piece of chicken rolling off my fork and plopping onto the plate, making me jump back to avoid curry getting on my outfit.

The horror!

"-then Ashton Fuller picked it up!" Kait seemed like she was about to explode from all her excitement.