what?!

"I am but an emissary for Lord Mictlan" everyone then gasped and Nocturnix could see a man faint in the crowd, she knew this was bad if Lord Mictlan sent this moon boy that meant it was possible he found out about her existence and wanted her to serve under him as a loyal servant. But how would that be possible? She saw no signs of his presence and even if she did notice how would he even be here without being spotted by the guards? "Why are you here now? We have done nothing but honor the gods!" Queen Teca said while the jaguar brothers stood guard along with Chiapa and King Teca, Nocturnix did agree on her statement but since she wasn't noticed at the moment she could use the proper opportunity to her advantage but if she moved from her spot it would immediately bring all the attention on her even if she tried to find a more effective hiding place. No. She couldn't just run off at a time like this not when the kingdom is in danger because of her unknown presence to the public. "Please, allow me to escort the honorable princess Maya to her right full kingdom in the underworld"

"My rightful kingdom?"

"And once in the underworld, Princess Maya will be sacrificed"

The whole kingdom yet again gasped as the same man from before fainted, What? They don't know about me? They're going to sacrifice maya!? No! I'm not letting that happen, not on my watch! The night guard thought and huffed, she wasn't going to just hand Maya over like luggage and live life like she never existed, she was a Teca wether they say so or not and that's final. "Sacrificed?" The jaguar brothers said in unison leaving the Night guard confused, if Maya was going to be Sacrificed then didn't that mean she could also be a god herself? But she didn't hold any god like features like Nocturnix did since she herself looked like a bat-humanoid, the royals all shared glances and glares at one another especially the queen who glared at her husband as he sighed in defeat. Chiapa roared in sorrow before glaring back at the Bat prince "Alas, Mayas true Mother, shall welcome her to the endless death"

"True Mother?" The brother said in unison again in confusion so that meant Maya was indeed a demigod but how would this be possible if the Goddess of death fell in love with a human than that meant the king had something to do with it by his face like he had something to hide, but if Maya was a demigod didn't that mean she could be one as well? If the king and queen knew about Mayas true origins then that meant they might also know about hers as well. "Mama, what is he saying?"

"Everything will be alright, Mija" was all the queen replied and turned back the Bat prince, still holding her blades as defense. Nocturnix wasn't sure what else to do, she wanted to protect the palace but the cost of that would be the risk of revealing her existence to the gods but if she didn't the whole kingdom will be destroyed in ruins and innocent people will die, she had to make a choice, fight along side the Teca's and continue to protect them with every fiber of her being or show herself to keep them all safe and risk her own safety to save thiers.