blanket ♢

jameson's POV.

My eyes trailed back and forth in my room, looking from one corner to the next. My hands rested on my stomach, my optics traced over to the nightstand on my right. I reached for the book I've recently been trying to read. Maybe that'll entertain me for a bit.

Eyes locked onto the words of my book, my nearsighted-vision temporarily blurred. My fingers held the page gently before I flipped it, onto the next page. My sheets were being tugged, but I chose to ignore it. I pulled the blanket upwards, higher on my chest. Slowly, the next page was flipped.

Avery popped up from under my blankets, pecking my lips briskly. My arms rose my book, smirking with joy. I kissed her back, pecking her nose, then her cheek, then her lips. I put the book down with one hand, pulling her in by the waist.

"Aww, you missed me?" I grinned. "Don't flatter yourself, Hawthorne." Avery leaned in, resting her head on my chest.

"Heiress, admit it. I know you did." I furrowed my brows. "I admit that I was hanging out with other men." Avery smirked, evilly.

"What? What do you mean?" I kicked the blanket off. That made me angry.

"Innocent baby. I was joking!" Avery burst into giggles. My muscles relaxed, letting a chuckle escape my lips as well.

"I guess I sorta missed you." Avery pursed her lips. "Mm..sorta isn't enough Heiress." I played with Avery's soft and wavy hair. I was pushing the limits to make her say she missed me, even though I know in her head she does.

"I did sorta miss you. I mean, those other men..." Avery looked up at me. I brushed my luscious locks out of my face, "if I get you a hot cocoa, will you say it?"

"That depends. Will it have candy canes in it? I'm so ready for Christmas." She narrowed her eyes.

"Yes, yes it will."

"Fine, then....I missed you." Avery grumbled.

"Ah-ah, more sincere!" I snickered.

"I missed you." Avery batted her eyelashes up at me. "Good enough, my Heiress." I kissed her forehead. I got up from my cozy bed to go make my girl hot-cocoa.