karaoke ♢

Avery's POV

Jameson and I strolled the streets of Korea, hand in hand, side by side. I puffed out cold air, the lights of Seoul making the city feel fun and lively. I looked up at the signs of the foreign language. It always intrigued me how simple and elegant the Korean language was.

We have been longing for a foreign getaway, someplace that was very different from the US. And.. this was exactly what I've been thinking of. The streets were weirdly clean, everything was still open and busy at 3am.. It was oddly refreshing.

However, my thoughts about Korea were pushed out of the way when Jameson's finger went directly across my face.

"Heiress. You know what I'm thinking." Jameson grinned.

I looked to the left, seeing a microphone and a purple atmosphere inside the building.

"Oh god. You sing like a struggling goat. Please don't tell me-" Before I could finish my sentence, I was pulled into the building, the bell on the door being rung as I brushed past it.

Jameson smiled affably, squeezing my hand. "A karaoke room please."

The man at the counter stared at Jameson with a dead-panned expression. I hid my small chuckle with my hand, as the man pushed forward the pricing per hour.

"We are not singing for more than an hour. Actually, I cannot handle your singing for more than an hour." I glared at Jameson playfully.

"I sing great. People should pay to see me sing." Jameson's finger traced down the price-menu. "But fine." He sighed dramatically, placing a hand on his chest, giving the laminated piece of paper back to the guy.

"90 minutes Jameson." I pointed at him.

"2 hours. Pleaaaseeee." Jameson pleaded, his fathomless green eyes glittering.

Unfortunately, it was hard to resist when a cute guy was standing in front of me with puppy eyes. "No more than 2 hours!" I huffed.

We paid. Correction, I paid. At the moment, Jameson was my little princess.

We entered the karaoke room, complimentary drinks were on the table. The karaoke guide was in Korean, but Jameson flipped it around and there was English.

Eventually, we figured out how to work it. Jameson grinned like a cheshire cat. "This is a dedication to you, Heiress." He stood up dramatically, his two hands gripping the microphone with a solemn expression.

I bit my lip, hiding my smile. This was going to be interesting. Very interesting.

As he turned the karaoke on, my eyes widened. "Jameson, what-"

"I'll be your dream, I'll be your wish, I'll be your fantasy.." Jameson moved around the room, his pose becoming more and more ridiculous as he sang.

Unlike me, I burst into a fit of giggles. He was singing Truly, Madly, Deeply, possibly the most cheesy love song ever.

"I'll be your hope, I'll be your love, be everything that you need..." Jameson cupped my cheek, on his knees. My smile widened into a grin. I tried my absolute hardest not to explode of laughter.

...

After two hours nonstop of karaoke, I came out of the room wobbling. I did have some of the complimentary drinks, which in my defense, I didn't know were alcohol. I was a little drowsy, words slurred and sentences coming out unclear. Jameson needed to take care of me tonight.

I stumbled out of the karaoke room, "Jaaammmmmmeeessoooonnn." I groaned.

"Heiress, cmon." He grunted, standing me up. I reeked of alcohol. I had rice wine. It was delicious, but strong. Very strong.

"Kissssssssssssssss..." I pointed at him, my finger drooping. I could barely stand up.

Jameson leaned forward, teasing. "What if I didn't?" He liked to toy with me when I was vulnerable. Drunk me was a lot more fun than non-drunk me.

"Nooooooowwwwwww." I punched his stomach lightly.

"Okay." Jameson pulled me in, giving me a gentle kiss on the lips. "Good enough?"

"Yyyaa...." I nodded, before collapsing into Jameson's muscular physique.