Chapter 12: The Battle of Trost Pt. 1

I stood atop Wall Rose that afternoon watching the cadets clean the cannons along with a multitude of other things. For the most part, everyone was doing what they were told which only made my job easier. I kept watch over everyone while leaning against one of the support beams. Since it was a mid-summer day, the heat was hellish. I was sweating buckets and I wasn't even doing anything.

I saw a group gathering a few yards away so I went to see what was happening. In the center of the group, Sasha was practically drooling over a slab of high-quality meat that could only have been stolen from the officer's storehouse.

Y/n: What's all this?

Everyone jolted and stood at attention while Sasha had an equally guilty and fearful look on her face.

Y/n: Well? Spit it out?

Eren: Sasha stole some meat.

Sasha: EREN!!!

Eren: What? I'm not getting in trouble for your bullshit.

Sasha: But we can slice it up for lunch.

Y/n: You could, but stealing from an officer is punishable by two weeks in prison.

Sasha looked down in defeat but I laughed, startling not only her but everyone else as well.

Y/n: Meat is a rarety to everyone except the Military Police. As long as I get a piece of that, I don't give a shit. Lunch is in an hour, so I better see you slice that up equally and not pocket extra.

Sasha beamed with happiness before putting the meat in a storage box so it wouldn't rot. With the issue resolved, everyone got back to work. I decided to walk up and down the cannon rails to pass the time while also keeping an eye on everyone.

Y/n(in mind): Everything's coming together. I reunited with everyone and soon we'll all be in the scouts together.

On my way back after the fifth lap, I noticed that Bertholdt was missing from the group. I was about to go look for him when a massive blast of scorching air hit me like a cannonball, knocking me and all the other cadets off the wall. Luckily we were all able to fire the hooks on our ODM gear to save ourselves. A cadet I recognized as Samuel fell over the side from the resulting gust of air from the explosion.

Y/n: SOMEONE GET SAMUEL!!!

Sasha: ON IT!

I watched as Sasha practically ran down the wall before shooting a hook into Samuel's ankle, saving him from hitting the ground, thus avoiding death. Once I confirmed he was safe, I reeled myself back up and saw the skinless face of the Colossal Titan staring back at me.

Y/n(in mind): We meet again you bastard.

*BOOM*

A sound many times louder than any cannon rang out as debris was thrown through the air. I looked to the source and saw that the gate had been obliterated.

Y/n(in mind): So this is your plan? Force us to retreat behind Sina? I think not.

Conny: WHAT DO WE DO?! THEY'LL GET IN IF WE DON'T DO SOMETHING NOW!!!

Y/n: GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF SOLDIER. THIS IS NO TIME TO LOSE COMPOSURE. WE NEED TO STRIKE NOW BEFORE IT DISAPPEARS. SQUADS A, B, AND C. FOCUS ON LOADING THE CANNONS. SQUADS D, E, AND F. DRAW ITS ATTENTION SO I CAN SLICE OUT ITS NAPE. THE TIME IS NOW, SO GIVE IT EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT!!!

With orders given, I flew back up the wall and landed directly in front of our foe. It took one glance at me before retracting its fist. I braced for impact and prepared to jump out of the way, but instead of that, it aimed for the cannons, swiping them all off the tracks. The flying debris forced me to go on the defensive as I tried to avoid it.