Twenty-Nine: Finding Tiana

First Draft

Fiona

Rowan paid the barkeep for two rooms at the Bitter Nightingale, since Lucas moved into one after Tiana had ghosted him. We made plans to meet up with the guys in a few hours after cleaning ourselves up, settling in, and resting.

The three of us girls scanned around the neat but small room housing two twin beds and a lumpy couch. I could feel the argument coming over who would hit the couch tonight. "Before the sleeping arrangements turn into an ordeal..." I glanced at Kat and Viona. "I'll sleep on the sofa tonight."

Viona shrugged and unpacked while Kat grinned at me. "I don't mind taking the sofa. If I'm lucky... I won't be having a sleepover with the girls tonight." She gave me a saucy wink, making me groan aloud. The sound of Viona's tinkling laughter resonated through the small space.

"Don't cajole her, Viona. She gets in enough trouble with no endorsements." I rolled my eyes at Kat.

"I didn't take you for a prude, Fiona." Viona looked at me over her shoulder.

"I'm not a prude. Thank you very much." I slammed my hands on my hips and glared at a grinning Kat. "But Miss Kitty Kat here is a bit too keen on sharing her affections." I came close to blurting out that Kat had already had a tumble in the sheets with Rian, but bit my tongue.

It didn't seem wise or kind to impart that information, especially since I believed Rian and Viona shared some type of history. Rian had a minor past with Kat, and if I was correct about Viona, it could lead to a larger argument than who slept on the couch. We had enough tension dragging us down.

"I'll leave you two to argue about this. Be back soon..." Viona winked and headed for the door.

"Wait... Where are you going?" I asked, approaching her.

She spun around. "You want me to find this missing fairy who dumped Kat's new boy toy, right?" Viona lifted her brows, one hand on her hip, looking frustrated.

Kat cackled, and I frowned, shaking my head. "Yes, but—"

"But what?" Viona threw her hands up in exasperation. "Just relax. I'm getting the lay of the land and need some supplies. I didn't realize before we left town, I'd need to find this fairy." She shrugged.

"Be careful, please. I've grown fond of you." I threw her a smile.

"Believe it or not, I like you too, Fiona. The jury is still out on you, Fairy Princess." Viona winked at Kat. "But you have excellent taste in men. That Lucas is a tasty-looking morsel for a mangy wolf."

Viona lifted one shoulder, throwing me a grin before leaving the tiny cottage.

***

After me and Kat showered, we hit the twin beds and fell asleep, exhausted from the long journey. The creaking sound of the door woke me up, and I rubbed my eyes.

"Time to wake up, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White," Viona called out, causing Kat to stir.

"Your back," I said, sitting up to stretch. "What time is it?"

"I'm starving," Kat muttered around a yawn.

"It's time to find Tiana. So, get up." Viona clapped her hands.

Kat groaned, throwing the covers back. "Must you be a drill sergeant?"

"Hey, you're the lass that always wanted in on the action?" Viona lifted one golden brow. "Well, today that Big Bad Wolf, Alpha O'Connell, can't make you stay behind. But I will if you don't get your little fairy ass out of bed."