The Start of Something New

Jillian's P.O.V

Ugh!! This test was driving me crazy!

I couldn't seem to focus. This was insane! Tests never got to me the way this one did. I mean, call me crazy, but I love school and studying. I couldn't seem to focus. My best friend, Miriam, was currently broken up with her beloved boyfriend, Logan. She needed comfort, so I, being the nice friend that I am, I was spending most of my time over at her house doing so. Lately, I've hardly ever been at my own house. Anyway, I was trying to get to the bottom of why they suddenly decided to break up. I mean, Miri was trying to tell me, but I couldn't understand her because of all the crying. I managed to get something along the lines of "he kissed some other girl", but knowing Logan as vaguely as I did, I knew he wouldn't do that. I wanted to hear his side of the story. I decided to call him.

It was ringing. I was nervous. I wasn't used to talking to guys. I always flustered under pressure. My thoughts were interrupted when-
"Hello?" I heard Logan ask, traditionally. "Hey Logan, it's Jillian."
I might have got his number from Miri's phone when she wasn't looking.
"Oh. Hi? How did you get my number?". "I... um... you wrote it in my yearbook.". I lied. I bit my lip. If I hadn't, I would've probably said something stupid. "I did? I don't remember doing that. Well hell, I don't remember most things." He laughed. I laughed along with him, nervously.

Damn, this was awkward.

"Anyway, what'd you need?", he asked politely.
"Well, I wanted to hear a clear version of you side of the Miriam story." I clenched my jaw. "Clear?", he asked. I could almost hear him smirking. "Yeah, she's been trying to talk through her tears. I sort of just nod along with the blur of words." I chuckled softly.
"Oh. Well, spite what she tells you, this girl I used to date came up and told me she wanted me back, yada yada. And yeah, she kissed me. I didn't kiss back at all, I actually pushed her away." he laughed at his comment.
"I told Miri because that's what keeps relationships together. Honesty. Right?" I agreed, although I had never been in a relationship.
"Well that's good to know. I'll help you get your girl back." I smiled even though he couldn't see me.

God, I was so freaking nervous. Ugh.

"Thank you. So much. I miss her." He said. We hung up afterwards. I think I knew how I was going to this.

Miriam's P.O.V

I hated him. I mean, you can't blame me right? He kissed someone when he was obviously in a serious relationship. With me! God, I was sick of life. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to cry. I was in a really comfy spot on the couch watching The Big Bang Theory eating ice cream. I didn't want to see anyone. Especially not Logan.

I heard a knock on the door. Just as I said that. I must've jinxed myself.

I grunted loudly as I got up to open the door. I looked through the peephole first. It was Jillian. "Okay." I mumbled to myself. I can handle her.
I opened the door. "Hey." I said, sniffling.
She walked in, saying "Hi, Miri."
I walked away from her, and sat down on my cozy spot on the couch. My back was to her. I continued eating my ice cream.

I heard whispers.

I spun around. Logan.

N/A: Hey guys! So this this is the first chapter and I hope you liked it and are excited for the next one! Leave feedback in the comments!
-Lizzie :)