Like Any True Love it Drives You Crazy

Miriam's P.O.V

I stayed up late last night trying to come up with clever ways to tell Jillian about her secret admirer (i.e Matthew as most of you know). I was a zombie at school today. I dozed off a little, just as my history teacher called my name.

"Miriam Jones?"

I sprung up. "Ah, can you repeat the question?" I said, mumbling.
He held up the attendance sheet and lightly waved it in the air.
He cocked an eyebrow at me. "Attendance, my dear." He said to me. "Oh, right. Uh, here" I chuckled.
I heard snickers around the room. I just ignored them, though, and dozed off again.

-~-~-~-~

I was in the middle of a nap when my phone rang. I woke up and picked it up, and grunted all at the same time.
To no surprise, it was Matthew.

I sighed and answered it.

"Hel-" I got interrupted by a much too enthusiastic Matt.
"I have the perfect plan, Miri. And I need your help."

I rubbed my eyes.

Damn, I was freaking exhausted.

"Yeah, okay. I'm glad you came up with one. I was trying to come up with one all last night, so I'm in the cast of The Walking Dead, now." He laughed at this.
Good, because he seemed so confident and cheerful.
"Can I tell you plan now?" He asked, wanting to get to the point of why he called.
"Go for it." I said.
"Two words: blind. date."

Like, 2 hours later

I invited Jillian over. She was never going to agree to this.

She just walked in like she usually had been lately.
Oh lord. This was nerve racking.
I've never been so nervous to talk to my best friend.

Oh wait. On side note, I'm doing this for Matthew because he's my guy best friend. I had known him since, like, kindergarten and he saw me talking to Jillian in, like, 5th grade or so. We are juniors in high school. 17. And he is just now wanting me to set them up. Whatever.

"Hey!" She said happily as she closed the door behind her.
Good, she was in a good mood.
"Hey!" I said back. She came and sat next to me.
"Do you have plans on Friday night?" I asked, getting near to the point.
"Miri. You're talking to me. If you count studying for history tests that are in a month, then yes." She said sarcastically.
"Great, so you don't." I smiled.
She laughed. She cocked an eyebrow at me. "Why?"
"I set you up on a blind date!" I said cheerfully, in great hope that she would even consider it.
"Oh really? Why, oh why would you do that?" She tilted her head and smiled.
"I think you should go! Go out and experiment a little." I clenched my jaw.
"Would it make you happy?"
"Hell yes." I said, trying not to get my hopes up. She may be smart, but I know her little tricks.
"Okay. I'll go."

Wait. What?

"Okay!" I'll write down the deets."

-~-~-~-~

Jillian's P.O.V

As I was getting ready for this blind date thing that Miri set me up on, I began to hope a little that it was going to be Matthew. But, probably not. How much of a coincidence would that be. Hmm. Maybe too much.