nine

Unedited

°•°🌱°•°

Jihoon woke up on the couch, his body felt heavy and sore. On top of that, his head was pounding.

"Asahi made you soup, stay right there," Junkyu said.

It looked like Junkyu was getting ready to head to a Class which must be where Asahi was right now. As Jihoon got himself to sit up, Junkyu set the table up for him.

"Asahi should be home in an hour, my class is three hours and I have a class after so I'll be home around 7 maybe," Junkyu said.

"Okay, I think I have an online class soon so I'll just do that here," Jihoon said.

"Take care," Junkyu said.

Jihoon watched Junkyu leave the room, tilting his head before he grabbed a couple of painkillers and a glass of water. He turned on his laptop to let it load up waiting for a teacher to send out the meeting link before he sat to eat.

He took his painkillers after he finished his food, washing his dish before he sat before his laptop. Jihoon let out a sigh turning off his camera as his class loaded in.

An hour or so later, Asahi had come to the dorm but he wasn't alone. Small Asahi was laughing at something Jaehyuk said.

"Oh you brought someone," Jihoon mumbled as he closed out his class.

"Yeah, I ran into him on my way home but I need to go to the library. Oh, how are you feeling? Better? Was the soup good?"

Jihoon nodded, "Yeah better, and the soup was good, actually, I need to go to the library too. The teacher just assigned a book, can you wait a bit for me?"

"Sure."

Jihoon took a quick shower and got ready while Asahi showed Jaehyuk the vinyl that he collected.

"Okay I'm ready," Jihoon stated.

Jihoon just walked behind the two males, Asahi was smiling brightly talking to Jaehyuk. Hell, I don't think I've ever seen Asahi talk much to anyone except for me.

Asahi glanced back at Jihoon and then at Jaehyuk, "Are you close to Hyunsuk?"

Jaehyuk nodded, "Yeah he's one of my best friends, why do you ask?"

Asahi glanced at Jihoon as they walked into the library, "just was wondering if you knew about him and Jihoon."

"I'm going to go look for the book," Jihoon announced stiffly, the air around him was a bit stale.

Asahi let out a sigh after Jihoon had left him with Jaehyuk who made their way to another section of the library.

"Now that you mention it Hyung wasn't like himself this morning," Jaehyuk stated taking Jihoon's attitude into consideration.

"I'm just as a best friend looking out for him, I'm taking it they don't remember much of last night but whatever it was it seems like it took a toll on both of them," Asahi stated.

"I was still out when Hyunsuk left, I'm surprised I even woke up this morning but maybe Jihoon mumbled something in his drunken state to you," Jaehyuk stated.

Asahi pulled out a book looking at it before putting it back, "he did, I'm just not going to tell him. If I do he's just going to be more hurt, I think once they see each other again it'll be like it never happened."

"So you are going to carry all his burdens for him," Jaehyuk asked.

"Don't say it like that, I'm just protecting him," Asahi stated.

"What even happened that could be that?"

"Hyunsuk kissed him," Asahi mumbled.

Jaehyuk's eyes widened, "oh, I guess that is pretty bad. Hyunsuk has never been so interested in someone before, but he himself isn't sure if he likes Jihoon or if he's just trying to understand him."

"What do you mean?"

"Why does Jihoon like Hyunsuk? He's not perfect."

"That's something you would have to ask him, I'm not sure if he even knows. The fact that he doesn't know is the worst kind of love to suffer from when a heart is broken. He wouldn't even be mad at Hyunsuk if he broke his heart. Genuine love, he just likes him, nothing specific, just him," Asahi shrugged finally picking out the right book from the shelf.

Jaehyuk felt his eyes become a bit teary, he understood Jihoon's emotions. Loving with a pure heart, a heart that just wants to give and can survive without receiving. He almost felt bad that Hyunsuk seemed like he was leading Jihoon on. Even if that wasn't the case, he still understood where he stood.

"Not knowing why you love someone sounds so terrifying," Jaehyuk said.

Asahi shrugged, "Yeah but Jihoon has never been in a situation close enough to see how Hyunsuk is. I am worried that if he does find things to like about him, hell just fall for him deeper."

Jaehyuk nodded in understanding, "Let's go find Jihoon, we should head back."

Asahi walked back just to see Jihoon checking out his book, almost a sense of relief washed over him. The two males walked over to Jihoon, Asahi checking out his book.

"Oh, I was going to come find you guys when I finished checking out," Jihoon stated.

Jaehyuk laughed a bit, "are you guys hungry?"

"I just ate but if you two want to eat, I can go home," Jihoon stated.

"Well, we can order at home too, watch a movie or something together," Asahi said.

Jihoon tilted his head, Asahi never wanted to hang out with people this much, "don't we have practice later? I can't miss it, I'm on the scholarship."

"You're right, I'll see you then," Jaehyuk said before walking away leaving Jihoon with Asahi.

"Why are ruining my chances at happiness," Asahi sighed.

"Was that you trying to flirt," Jihoon snorted.

"Hey don't laugh, at least I'm trying," Asahi huffed.

Jihoon smiled patting him on the back, "Sure you are buddy, let's go get ready for practice."