Chapter 2- "I just wanna' sleep."

"Drive," I say turning on the radio, and with that, we pull out of the parking lot.

I'm finally on my way to the house. I sigh, sticking my hand out my open window and closing my eyes, just letting myself feel the wind in my hair, trying to ignore the kid driving.

A few minutes later, the car starts to slow. I open my eyes and look around. I breathe in, slowly, anticipating the sound my car makes when it travels up our driveway. As soon as I hear the click of the gate shutting behind us and the light smack of rubber against cement, I release the air I was holding.

"Cela me rappelle de la France," I sigh, looking at the new landscaping that my family had done while I was away. "It looks amazing."

Jake pulls up to the garage slowly and opens the first of four doors. My other cars are in the other spaces, and in the driveway, still shiny although I haven't been here to take care of them.

"Who took care of my babies while I was gone?" I ask, hoping it wasn't just some service my dad hired as I look each car over slowly. Jake laughs and I turn to him, "Well?"

"Sam and I," he says proudly.

"Merci beaucoup," I gush.

"Soyez le bienvenu," he attempts, butchering the pronunciation. I laugh at him and he pokes me, "Let's just go inside already, Sam's probably almost home. Your gonna' wanna' get settled, we have a party planned to welcome you back, practically the whole school's invited."

"Oh god no. You idiots."

"What, what's wrong?"

"I just wanna' sleep," I say and the panic leaves his face as we both burst out laughing.

He pushes me through the door. "Just go get ready! I'll take care of your bags," he says.

I grab my purse and run up to my room.

"Let's do this," I whisper as a pep talk to myself.

It takes me almost a whole hour to get ready and I'm almost done with my make-up when Kirstie barges in.

"Hey, bestie!"