Chapter 1- "Drive."

I would start with, 'the summer started like any other' but, the truth is, it didn't. In fact, it was the opposite of normal. The minute I got "home", all I wanted to do was flee back to France. Little did I know, I'd miss France more and more as the days went on.

Falling asleep in the middle of an old movie is a bad idea, especially if you're on a plane ride. That, however, is exactly what I did on my flight home. When I wake up, the movie's almost over and we don't have that long until we land. I almost start to cry but, tears are for at home and on your pillow. Right now I don't have a "home."

I remember the view out my dorm window and I sigh. That was the life. That's the home I'll really want to go back to. I guess it's too late now. My senior year will be my first year back at Cheshire. This is going to be so awkward, I probably should have thought this through a lot more. I'm so different from the nerdy, out of shape eighth grader I left as. I ruled school back in Paris, I doubt I can rule here too.

I left my best friends in France to come back "home." My brother tells me that everyone misses me and has been speculating about why I went to France, even though I know they all knew I was just going to school there. I'm nervous, but I'm hoping I can just focus on school when it starts up. Until then it's just my mom, dad, brother, and I. Although, Jake will probably be around a lot too.

Just one more hour, I think as I turn my music up.

I get off the plane and go to the baggage claim. Miraculously, I wait not even five minutes before I can grab my bag and try to get out to the parking lot. I hop in a shuttle to the lot where I parked. When we arrive, I get out of the shuttle and scan the parking lot for my baby. Once I spot her, I rush over.

"Oh, it is so good to see you, Duchess," I say, whilst I take the longest strides I can manage towards my metallic, golden, Chevy Camaro. Most of the cars daddy buys me are gold because I'm his golden girl, and I've named them all accordingly. This car is my favorite, she's the car I use for most everything. I reach her quickly and pop the trunk, placing in my two suitcases and my carry on, keeping my purse with me and shutting the trunk back up. The rest of my stuff is being brought over by some service my dad hired. I have so many bags, I even had to buy more to fit the stuff I bought while I was in France.

When I open the driver side door, I see someone sitting in the driver's seat and I scream and jump back. The person turns towards me, seeming groggy like I woke him up.
"Oh my god! How did you get into my car!" I yell at the boy.

"Your mom gave me the keys so you wouldn't drive if you were tired. Well, actually, she gave them to Sam but he couldn't make it. Coach kept him after practice. She had to go to work so she dropped me off here to wait," He replies sleepily. I stop backing away and look straight at the boy. I take a step forward.

"Jake?" I question.

"Elizabeth?" He asks, looking straight at me for the first time, "No, you can't be Liz. You're too pretty to be Liz."

"Well, thanks. I think. Now get out of the driver's seat. You're probably more tired than I am."

He ignores me and starts the car. I sigh and go to the other side. I hop in the passenger seat and slam the door. 

"Drive."