Chapter 21 'Only if this could last forever'

"A bomb!" Henry yells.

"Everyone relax!" Dainen orders. "It's not activated. There's a letter with it too."

They calm down a little and listen to Dainen read the letter.

"Dear, Mr.Dainen Dwyer...
I knew you'd come for this case because you were told if anyone else had it in their hands, they could kill millions. That is true. If this blew up, it'd kill an entire Mafia building. You see, I knew you'd come for it, so I planned this. This bomb will turn on once you open the case after you steal it from me. Then you'll have 48 hours to turn it off. The only way you can turn it off is by the remote control. The remote controls many hidden bombs. It controls the bomb I put in the Santa Tiger Mafia building, the Fiore Venice Mafia, Moscow Tiger Mafia, Lord Morelia Mafia, and the Serpent Mumbai Mafia. If you don't get to the remote control in 48 hours, all buildings blow up. Hopefully you get to it in time, otherwise a lot of Mafia buildings are going to blow up. This is my revenge to you, Dainen Dwyer. Someone you love will die. It will happen and you won't believe me, but it'll happen. Good luck with saving everyone! I'm not rooting for you!
Love, Hwang 🖤"

"How wonderful." Mr.Dwyer sarcastically speaks.

"Only two days too. At least he told us where all the bombs are. We just have to get back to America and get the controller to turn the bombs off." Henry says, trying to look on the bright side.

"Something doesn't feel right." Dainen says concerned. "Why would he tell us in time to turn the bombs off if he really wanted to kill us all? It doesn't make any sense."

"Because he's a psycho. Obviously...Duh." Ace retorts, rolling his eyes.

"All of you go pack your bags and change. We're going to America to find this controller."

They all do as they're told and Dainen makes some calls. Ace finishes packing before everyone else so he goes out on the balcony where Dainen is looking at the bright city lights in the night.

"So, what's your plan?" Ace asks him with his hands in his pockets.

Dainen is quiet before speaking.

"I don't know to be honest. I called Mr.Fiore, Enzo's Uncle. I warned him about the bombs and he's going to warn everyone else. There are people looking for the remote now, and hopefully they find it before we can. I just wish we knew where it was hidden. Something feels wrong. Why would he do this and then tell us 48 hours ahead of when the bombs go off? And the thing he said about someone I care about dying..."

"Don't listen to that Psychopath. He's stupid, and that's why he did it. He just wants to make you worry and make us run around like ants. This guy is nothing. A nobody. A bug in the dirt. Do you get my point?" Ace asks, making Dainen laugh. "My point is... He's just a gangster-mob leader that thinks he's better than everyone else. You own two Mafia organizations. You're way more superior and powerful than Scarface loser. You'll deactivate the bombs and throw him in the dirt like the insect he is. He's just trying to get in your head."

Dainen smiles softly.

"Thank you, Ace. You're right."

"When am I not?" Ace asks with a smirk.

Dainen chuckles. They look at the city lights twinkling in the big, black sky. The breeze blows, whistling in the air to warn the dry dirt on the ground rain is coming. Ace breaths in, smelling the musky fresh petrichor in the air, letting out a deep sigh. He then stares at the golden watch on his wrist.