PART TWO Chapter 8 'Learn things the hard way'

Alek looks at the black and white chess on the board in front of him in seriousness. Iris sits at the other end of Mr.Takahashi's fancy desk, waiting calmly for Alek to move his chess pieces. Alek moves his chess and almost immediately Iris moves hers.

"Checkmate." Iris says with a smile, making Alek curse under his breath.

"I call for a rematch!" Alek points to Iris while standing up.

"Mr.Dwyer, we've already played 15 times and you still haven't won."

Alek crosses his arms over his chest with a smile, "Iris, have you ever heard the saying the 16th time is the charm?"

"No."

"Well, it's a very popular saying and it's real."

"Mhm... yeah, I'm sure it is." Iris replies sarcastically, not very convinced.

Mr.Takahashi walks in his office where Iris and Alek are playing chess at his desk. Mr.Takahashi is putting his black suit jacket on and he's looking around for something. He looks around the couch, by his puppy that's sleeping on the floor by the windows, and by his desk.

"Good morning, Ankoku." Iris tells her boss kindly.

"Morning, Iris. Have you seen my sunglasses?"

"Dang it!" Alek yells while looking at his brand new white shirt. "A stain already on my new shirt."

"No, sir. I haven't." Iris responds respectfully towards her boss. "Are you leaving to somewhere?"

Mr.Takahashi keeps looking around for his sunglasses while talking to Iris, "Yes, I have meetings until next week. Which this is the perfect time to tell you this, Alek."

"Hm?" Alek says curiously. "Sorry, I wasn't listening."

"There's a very important meeting I have next week with the Italian Mafia boss, Greek Mafia boss, Indian Mafia boss, and the American-Russian Mafia boss. They all are coming here to meet with me and I want my Underboss by my side at the meeting." Mr.Takahashi explains as Alek sits back in Mr.Takahashi's office chair with his hands behind his head.

"What if I say I don't want to go?" Alek asks stubbornly.

"Stop being foolish, Aleksander. I'm done with your games lately and you don't have a choice but to be there." Mr.Takahashi tells Alek strictly.

Iris has wide eyes of surprise because Mr.Takahashi never usually gets upset like this. Iris and Alek both know Alek has been pushing their boss' nerves, and Alek is highly enjoying it. Alek has been acting a little bit like an angry, selfish, child that's mad at his dad. Alek smiles and stands up from his boss' chair.

"Yes, sir." Alek says with sarcasm in his voice.

Alek starts walking to the huge iron doors to Mr.Taka's office to leave and Mr.Takahashi speaks in irritation towards him.

"Aleksander Golobev Dwyer. Stop acting like a child. I'm being serious."

Alek turns to his boss with his hands in his pockets and an impassive countenance.

"Don't call me that ever again. It's just Alek. I don't go by that anymore." Alek says sternly. "And for your information, boss, this is me being serious."

Alek leaves and Mr.Takahashi sighs while sitting heavily on his couch. Iris stands up and walks over to where her boss is sitting.

"Mr.Dwyer and you have seemed to be in a fight the past week since he got mad those innocent people died." Iris tells her boss.

"Yes... Alek isn't the best at letting things go." Mr.Taka says tiredly.

"Do you want me to speak to him?"