2.Unspoken Bonds

Chapter 02: Unspoken Bonds

The morning sun streamed through the tall windows of the classroom, casting a warm, golden hue over the room. Students filed in, chatting excitedly about the new term. Izuku, feeling hopeful, tentatively made his way to an empty seat next to Bakugou. As he began to sit, Bakugou shot him a withering glare. "Did I invite you to sit here?" he spat.

The harsh tone stung, and Izuku, feeling his cheeks burn with embarrassment, retreated to a lone desk near the back of the room. He set his bag down, attempting to mask his discomfort by busying himself with his books.

Moments later, Shoto, with his distinctive red and white hair shimmering in the morning light, approached him. "Is this seat taken?" he asked, nodding to the empty chair next to Izuku.

Izuku shook his head, a grateful smile forming. "Not at all."

However, before Shoto could even settle in, Bakugou stormed over, his usual confidence amplified. "Todoroki," he snapped, "You're my friend. You're supposed to sit with me, not with... him."

Shoto just chuckled, his serene demeanor unshaken. "Oh, Bakugou, always trying to choose my friends for me." He continued to unpack his belongings, completely ignoring Bakugou's attempts to intimidate him.

Bakugou, not used to being disregarded, paused, momentarily caught off guard. Then, grumbling something under his breath, he took the seat on Shoto's other side. The odd seating trio became the focal point of whispered conversations, with students eagerly sharing their theories on the unexpected dynamics.

The day wore on, with lessons blending into one another. But the morning's seating arrangement continued to linger in the minds of the students.

As the day drew to a close, Izuku cautiously entered the dorm room he shared with Bakugou, bracing himself for another tense encounter. He took a deep breath, searching for the right words. "Bakugou, I think we should—"

But Bakugou cut him off sharply. "Not in the mood, Deku."

Before the stifling silence could stretch further, the door opened to reveal Shoto, a smirk playing on his lips. "Hey, Bakugou," he began, mischief evident in his voice, "Remember that hilarious thing I saw in the music room today?"

Bakugou's expression shifted to one of curiosity. "What are you talking about?"

Shoto leaned in, beckoning Bakugou closer, his eyes darting to Izuku. "Wanna hear the story? It's a good one. And Midoriya," he added, louder this time, "You might want to hear this too."

Izuku's eyebrows shot up in surprise. Here was an opportunity, a bridge to a truce, perhaps. He nodded, curiosity piqued.