Chapter Two

A/N

Yoooo back with another chapter!

Apologies if this feels kinda sudden at first, but i promise the transitions are smoother later on. At the time i had no idea this fic would be so long but im really happy with all of the scenes so :D thank you guys for the support on ao3 on the last chapter, all of your comments truly make my day and give me motivation to keep writing

TWs: panic attacks, graphic violence and gore (if you see any that i missed please lmk!!)

Enjoy :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dinner went well. Very well. Techno and Wilbur spent the hour laughing and joking about their jobs– even if Techno's wasn't necessarily real, at least for a while, this way he could pretend he was normal–while some other customers shot them dirty looks for their profanity. They couldn't find it in themselves to care, not when they were having such a good time just by talking to each other. Eating unhealthy fast food and laughing at the stupidest things, listening to Wilbur's stories about his brother, and even, in one brave moment, mentioning the fact that he was an orphan. Wilbur had given him a sad look at that, but didn't ask him to elaborate; something Techno was eternally grateful for.

"-and Tommy thought it was a smart fucking idea to eat the entire cake. In one night. He was so sick the next day he could barely get out of bed and had the audacity to blame it on me -"

"-the bank? Oh, it's annoying for sure, but I don't really mind-"

"-visit at some point! Tommy might try to strangle you, but after the initial murder attempts you'll be fine -"

"-I had no idea that some random person would think that that neon orange would go with that shade of green, I swear they need to have their eyes checked-"

"-and my dad decided to take away every single electronic device from poor eight year old me! So, naturally, meant I had to unscrew all of the lightbulbs from-"

He hadn't laughed this much in years as Wilbur told him everything, ranging from childhood stories to his little brother's daily shenanigans. Half the time he almost forgot to lie; freezing up at the mention of his work, his home, what he did in his free time–Techno proceeded to describe the basis of Greek mythology to Wilbur in painfully specific detail–and how he just...spent his life. By the end of it all, the restaurant owners had to kick the two out at closing, but they still had grins permanently glued to their faces.

Techno went home that night with cheeks that hurt from smiling so much.

The next day, he saw Wilbur at the cafe again. And the day after that. And the day after that .

Each day, Techno would buy something at the cafe, whether it was a drink or a small pastry, only to take his seat at the corner booth and wait for Wilbur to join him. Then, if Willbur wasn't too tired from his work shift, they would take a walk, or go grab dinner, or even go back to Wilbur's surprisingly neat home and watch a movie with a massive bowl of popcorn and a running commentary. It became a schedule of sorts: Techno would pretend to leave to go back to work, when in reality he spent time organizing the disposal of the hero gear he had stolen from corpses, then came back to spend more time with his new friend.

It was comfortable. It was fun , spending time with Wilbur.

Those days turned into weeks, and those weeks then became months.

Every day, they upheld the same pattern.

Techno even had the opportunity to meet Wilbur's little brother when he visited the man's apartment; a kid with bright blonde hair and an eager attitude, practically bouncing off the walls even at the age of sixteen. Tommy, he called himself–even when Wilbur jokingly whispered in his ear that his real name was Thomathy – was "The Biggest Man Alive."