Chapter one

Looking at the computer screen, he was fascinated.
The boy had always loved learning about clowns; happy or Pennywise.
He decided to take the opportunity for his middle school project that they could do a project on anything they wanted; as long as it's appropriate, of course.
Derek loved clowns.
At twelve, not too long ago, he wanted a clown-inspired birthday party.
His mother said no, so the boy had to think of something else; not what he was expecting, but a dinosaur party instead.
He didn't really have any friends to invite; the kid got bullied.
The family came instead: his grandma, his uncle, his actual father who just now had come into his life again.
Derek was thirteen, now an eighth grader, and still a loner and a school project to get to.
Well, except for the one friend who he met three weeks ago.
Staring for an hour at his computer screen, he didn't know what to write on the slide.
He wasn't good with words on the keyboard.
He shut off the computer and went on his phone, going on social media to pass the time.
Scrolling through pictures, he found his favorite music artist that posted a video of himself doing a silly dance.
He laughed.
CG5 always comforted him.
Looking at the time, it was nine-forty.
It was past his bedtime.
Pulling the blanket to his chest, he heard a notification sound.
His mouth curled to the sides, putting his hand to his mouth.
"What the heck?" Blue eyes widened, heart thumping.
"It's going to be the best day of my life if my mom says yes!"
He set the phone on the nightstand.