Chapter four

CG5 kept on posting every few hours.
Derek even told his best friend, Tobee, even though they'd barely chatted before.
Derek asked his mother if he could invite his only friend to the event.
The mother was skeptical because of the price for three, but she gave in.
Derek shouted in excitement and texted Tobee.
He wasn't going to be alone, after all.
The event was just around the corner.
A picture popped up on the boy's phone, CG5 posting a photo of himself running away from people dressed as zombies behind him.
The caption read, Help me!!!!
Derek laughed.
The doorbell rang, and in strode Tobee.
"Hey, Tobee. I didn't know you were coming." Derek fist-bumped him.
"I thought I'd stop by. Are you up for the event? Charlie said it's going to be a zombie event."
For a thirteen-year-old, Tobee was taller than Derek and most of the kids in his classes.
Derek smiled.
Tobee nodded, smoothing out his blue button-up shirt. "I've bought you this for your birthday."
He reached into the box, pulling out a Pennywise doll.
The friend took it, admiring it. "This is amazing. Thank you, Tobee! Mom would never buy this for me."
They both hugged.
"I see that you dyed your hair."
Tobee patted his own head, smoothing the hairs out.
"Yeah, I dyed it three days ago. I wanted it blue, but my mom said we only have blond. It looks bad, doesn't it?"
"No, it looks great. I never knew you wanted to dye your hair, I only see your natural brown."
"Thank you." He pushed up his sliding glasses.
"Thank you for this doll, too. I'm going to put it on my shelf."
Tobee and Derek climbed the steps to the shorter boy's room.
They sat on the bed, laying on their back.
"What is this?" Tobee pointed at the open computer next to him.
"It's my Science project. We could do anything we wanted, so I chose dinosaurs—specifically the T-Rex because I'm boring."
"Why not clowns?"
"It's 'inappropriate'. I wish I could do it."
"That sucks. School kills creativity."
"I agree. I hate school."
Tobee scrolled on his phone. "Have you seen this?" He showed Derek the recent pictures of what CG5 just posted before he came.
"Yeah. They're funny."
"I'm so excited for the event, Derek. I can't believe your mom said yes to me going with you."
"I can't believe I'm going. My mom is overprotective sometimes, but she's always typing away at her own phone."
Tobee chuckled. "The event is tomorrow, right?"
"Yeah. I'm so excited."
"Same. Are you going to wear your clown outfit? I'm just kidding."
Derek smirked.