Chapter two

The thirteen-year-old jolted, his mind telling that it's his day.
Sprinting to his sleeping mother, he tapped her repeatedly; yelling her name over and over.
"What do you want, Derek? It's five-o-clock, not even school."
The boy's hair was matted. "Mom, can we go to CG5's meet and greet on Tuesday?"
"Huh?"
"CG5 is having a meet and greet on Tuesday. Can we go?"
The mother sat up, rubbing her eyelids. "I don't know."
"Please? It's my birthday on Monday."
The mom sighed. "Yeah, I guess. We're not doing anything for your birthday, anyway. When is it?"
"He said it's from nine-am to seven-pm."
"That long?" Her eyebrows rose. "Alright... Yeah."
Derek smiled.
He ran into his room. "CG5, here I come!"
"What are you going to wear?" the mom called.
Derek didn't know what to wear, but he didn't care. CG5 had always been his favorite singer, whether the musician knew it or not.
His blue eyes were glued to the screen, waiting for the sale to come up.
He saw it.
"Sixty-five dollars?" He paid for it, memorizing his mother's credit card.
A smile appeared again.
Thank you for purchasing your CG5: Meet And Greet With Zombies! on Tuesday at 9 AM PST!
Derek clapped his hands. "Oh my gosh, I'm actually going to this."
Happiness flew around inside him.