Chapter six

CG5 told Derek to wait in the merchandise room.
Derek smiled, obeying.
He looked around the small room.
Wasn't he going to get an autograph or something?
He wondered what the attraction was.
After what felt like forever, Derek was told he could go with the musician.
He followed CG5 into another room.
The door behind them shut, both hearing a clicking sound.
The boy's heart ran a mile as he saw his—
Derek felt dizzy, his arm hurting.
Looking at the gray tile, the thirteen-year-old's body lay limp.
His heart felt like it was slowly beating.
He wondered what was happening, and wondered if his favorite musician was okay...

***
He sat up, hearing a noise that sounded like chains.
Hearing whimpering, Derek viewed his friend tied to a chair with a gauze in their mouth.
Chains were tied to his body, two chains attached to the wall behind him so he couldn't escape.
Tobee, with his eyes pleading and his mouth trembling, couldn't escape the tight rope that secured him to the chair.
"What's happening?" Derek shouted. "Tobee, what's happening? Why are we trapped?"
Tobee could only shake his head.
Derek felt the Pennywise doll in his pocket.
The door opened that was next to the chained boy, the musician that Derek and Tobee idolized that was gripping a black handgun.
CG5 stopped between them.
Derek stared at the six-foot man, the boy's wet eyes raining.
The musician smirked, still wearing the half-faced zombie makeup that was slightly smudged.
CG5 crouched to Derek, peering into the boy's blue eyes.
"What are you doing?"
The musician smiled at the boy's fear. "People wanted a meet and greet, but they never said how to have it."
Derek heard Tobee's whimpers.
"What do you—"
"I want to kill somebody." he said.
CG5 grabbed the Pennywise doll from Derek's pocket, ripping its head off. "I'm starting with this."
Derek felt tears run down his cheeks, watching the musician throw the doll's head at his friend.
"CG5, what is this? Why..."
The boy swallowed fear, realizing. "Were you targeting us?"
CG5 smiled. "No. I just figured that two kids and a mother in the crowd won't hurt to throw in the pile of the other missing cases on this Earth."
"Let us go!" Tobee yelled.
Seeing the smirk on his face, Derek knew that the man had killed his mother.
The chained boy noticed small specks of red on CG5's hand.
He realized that he was an orphan now, if his father didn't take him in.
Derek was terrified.
He watched the musician walk to Tobee, the man placing a hand on the friend's dyed blond hair.
He saw his friend hyperventilate and CG5 grin.
"Don't hurt him!" Derek screamed as he saw the gun against Tobee's head.
CG5 laughed, making Tobee cry again by the gun pressing harder.
"I lied; I did target you with those posts."
Derek was terrified at CG5's staring at his soul.
"Posting two pictures, I didn't want anyone to see the other one."
"How did—"
"I made an invisible post that was targeted at you, Derek. The other one was public." The man's eyes smirked at the rope-tied boy.
"Why are you doing this?"
Derek sensed a shift in the musician; he didn't know how to describe it.
CG5 stood at the boy's feet, blue eyes narrowed. "The truth is that your mother deserved to die."
Derek's body became tense as the gun was pointed at his face.
"Your mother leaked my address."
"What?" he heard Tobee say.
The man smiled. "Your mother hated me, for some reason. Maybe it's because you love me as a musician, but—"
"Yes. I do love you as a musician, but why are—"
"Your mother traced my information, messaging me on my personal phone number—Twitter, even. She sent me death threats, I don't know why. I don't even know the woman."
"Why go this far, Charlie? Why kill us?"
The chained boy watched as the man's grin appeared again.
"Your mother deserved to die, and I can't leave relatives to tattle on me. Your mother proceeded to post my address everywhere on the internet, I guess she did a good job at hiding it from you."
"I promise that—"
Derek heard the screams of his friend, the gunshot still ringing his ears.
He could bet the musician was smiling.
CG5 faced the shaking Derek again.
Blood was running out of Tobee's head, but Tobee was still alive.
Derek was crying. He couldn't form the words he was thinking.
"You wanted a Pennywise birthday theme, and I provided it. Well, it's more of a 'meet and greet with zombies'; but whatever."
Derek's ears were still ringing at the sound of his best friend's screams, and he wanted it to stop.
"Everyone is going to hate you."
CG5 grinned. "I'm fine with being hated on." He side-eyed Tobee.
Derek pleaded not to kill the only friend he had, but it was looking too late as Tobee's head drooped.
CG5 narrowed his eyes.
"You're evil. I trusted you."
CG5 laughed. "I—"
"Hands up now!"
Derek saw the musician's hands shake, dropping the gun.
CG5 put his hands on his head.
A policeman aimed their gun at him. "Get on your knees! You're under arrest!"
The musician smirked, aiming the gun at Derek.
The police officers grabbed CG5's arms before CG5 could shoot, cuffing him.
Derek watched CG5 get led out of the room while the officers unchained him.
"Are you okay?"
Derek stared at the broken and bleeding Tobee.
The officers led Derek out of the room, Derek feeling empty.
"What's your name, sweetheart? What happened?"
Derek stared at the gravel.
"He's not responding. Do you know where the mother is?"
"No, I don't. The other kid is being put in an ambulance."
"They should check both of them."
Derek got into the back of the ambulance, still casting his eyes downward.
The boy felt a sense of calmness.