Chapter 1- 'You filthy Mudblood!'

It all started when Hermoine Granger, a mud blood, received her letter to Hogwarts. She was very excited to meet new friends, learn more magic, understand people, and most of all- to STUDY!

"Hello! I seem to have lost my toad. Can you help me find him?" A dark-haired boy, who introduced him as 'Neville Longbottom' asked. "Sure! By the way- I am Hermoine Granger." She replied with a smile on her face, glad to have made a friend already.

* Time Skip *

Hermoine POV

I heard some whispers and all of a sudden, a boy who was quite mean to Harry, Draco Malfoy, said, "You Filthy Mud blood." I was surprised. I knew I was muggle born but I didn't expect people to actually call me that. It was like a swear word in the wizardry word. Ron did something with his faulty wand but I didn't bother correct him.

I was just looking at the face of Draco. It looked like he was forced to call me a Mud blood! I hate him but I seem to feel sorry for him, even though I won't tell Harry or Ron...

That evening, when I reached my dorm, I found a beautiful parcel. I opened it carefully, not tearing anything inside.

I smiled- There was an envelope with a green seal, a chocolate frog, a packet of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, a sugar quill, a barn owl feather quill and green ink. I opened the envelope slowly, not wanting to damage anything.
It read;

'Dear Hermoine Granger.
This is Draco Malfoy.
I bet you don't want to talk to me personally since the incident which happened this morning.
I am very sorry.
I didn't mean what I said...
It was a dare given to me by Theo. Theo as in Theodore Nott.
I hope you can forgive me.
If possible, please meat me at the Astronomy Tower tonight at 7:30.
Regards,
Draco Malfoy.
P.S.- The treats aren't a bribe. Just for some peace giving.'

I smiled. 'I think he deserves a second chance...' I didn't tell Ron or Harry as if they knew, they would stop me from going.