Half way

Childe: this opportunity is hard to come by, so show me everything you've got *grin*

aether readied his stance while leaping towards childe with his sword which was covered in a dark aura.

childe, meanwhile, subconsciously started shooting arrows coated with hydro power. he knew that if the sword hit him, something bad would happen, and i mean bad... is really bad.

Aether: *slashes arrow* not bad!

the arrow finally hit his sword, and what happened next was surprising. his sword worked like anti-magic, defying all kinds of elemental attacks.

Childe: that's a surprisingly new to me *laughs* you better amuse me, traveler!

childe then ran towards aether, as his bow turned into a double dagger.

Aether: ohh, so you can do that too huh? *slashes*

their weapons clashed, with aether using his sword and childe with his dagger.

but the problem is, even anti-elementals don't work on normal weapons, because childe's dagger doesn't use elementals to change shape.

Childe: what's wrong, traveler? why are you being quiet? *slash*

Aether: *dodges* *slash* why i can feel the elemental energy inside your dagger, but not show any reaction...

a grin spread across childe's face as he kicked ather in the stomach, but he easily parried with his sword.

Childe: once you harness the element, you can control its reaction *changes to bow*

as soon as he turned his dagger back into a bow, childe then took a step back and aimed at aether.

Aether: ...gain control over the reaction

Childe: traveler... get ready, this is going to hurt a bit.

the bow suddenly turned blue in color, as the arrow glowed. the amount of elemental power released by the arrow, aimed to the aether.

Aether: so this is what you mean by control... *chuckles* how cute~

he then charged towards childe, while his weapon was completely devoured by the dark aura.

Aether: kaghkk! *groan* i've got five minutes after using this!

Childe: hahaha... you're really something! *shoots*

the arrow was then released, hurtling towards the aether as he raised his sword and prepared to slash at it.

----

the atmosphere was quite awkward, inside the jade chamber where the meeting was held. after the undead dragon attack, and a certain help from someone. ningguang decided to hold a meeting regarding all this.

but what made it awkward was, rimuru who was currently sitting on the... erm, throne.

yes. you heard me right! a simple throne, currently occupied by him and only him.

behind him was wenti who's still with her scythe, acting as his bodyguard and maid. hehe.

while ningguang...

she sat on the side of the throne that Rimuru used to sit on.

you know, if you have a bad imagination, just imagine it like the scene with the guy and velzard. yeah...

the author lacks of imaginati-wait... let's stop here.

Rimuru: everything went according to my desire... or perhaps, more than i expected *glances to his left*