○ t h r e e ○

"HA HA HA! YOU DON'T STAND A CHANCE! THE GENERALS WILL DIE!! THERE'S AN ARMY OF AKUMA AND NOAH AFTER THEM!! WHILE YOU'RE DEALING WITH US ANOTHER GROUP COULD BE KILLING THEM!!" the Akuma screamed before Kanda killed it for good.

"Shut up!" was all Kanda muttered.

"Let's go, Kanda!" one of his colleagues said after they managed to kill every Akuma in their way.

At that moment, Freya landed, deactivating her Innocence, announcing that the territory was clear for now.

"They just keep coming. They keep us busy so that we can't search." the same exorcist from before talked again. He was short, sporting the same coat embedded with the rose cross on the chest, his eyes adorned with black make-up.

"They want to slow us down." Kanda added.

"It may not be easy to get to the general." another fellow exorcist spoke. He was tall, his facial features sharp and chiselled, his few strands of hair braided, and kept in a pointy bun at the top of his head.

Kanda let out a frustrated sigh as his steps were stomping the pavement of the street. Freya caught up to his attitude, but she couldn't contain a brief giggle.

"Frustrated, Kanda?" she asked playfully.

"No!" he snapped back, his eyes sending daggers in her direction.

"Heh... sure." she teased again.

"Chesterfields..." Kanda trailed off. "Do you have a death wish?"

"Yeah. I wish I could kill that grumpy attitude of yours." it her that snapped back this time. "Jeez... calm down a little. Your energy is just too much right now." she added as she flails a hand in front of her as if trying to send away his negative aura.

All she could hear was a grumbled from the dark-haired exorcist, but she decided not to pay anymore attention to him.

"But how long is it going to take us to get to him? General Theodore isn't even in this town anymore. Does he just move fast, or is he trying not to be found?" the short exorcist spoke again as the group paced through the night.

"He's probably off drawing his pictures somewhere." the tallest of them all spoke.

"We sure have an odd master, eh, Kanda?" Freya asked as she smirked at him.

"I can't stand that geezer." it was all that the questioned man said, making the other three question his choice of words.

"At least, he's not like General Cross." the shortest one spoke.

"True. Don't remind me..." Freya spoke as a shiver went down her spine.

"Huh? Care to tell?" the tallest one questions as his curiosity perked in.

"Let's just say that... he... is a big-time creeper. And a pervert to the core..." Freya answered as she scrunched her nose in disgust at the memory that she wasn't cure to fully share.

"Did he try to take advantage of you?" Kanda asked, his words caught Freya off-guard, her face a bright shade of red. But she was not the only one in this position as he himself found that his words slipped without control over them. "Sorry..." he suddenly muttered.

"I... umm... I don't really want to talk about it..." she spoke softly, her head hanging low, her eyes glued to the pavement.

An awkward moment of silence hung in the air between the four comrades, each one feeling more ashamed of what they talked about. The three men ashamed that a man like General Cross can be capable of doing something like this to a fellow exorcist, specifically a woman, and Freya being ashamed with this event from her past. They continued to walk into the night, and no further words were addressed.