○ s i x ○

Freya, Kanda, Tiedoll, and Marie finally got on the ship that will take them to Japan after another day of travelling. They were settling in their cabins. As usual, Freya was sharing a cabin with Kanda. What was strange, though, was the fact that Marie and Tiedoll kept nagging the two of them in what regards their new dynamic in terms of behaviour and way of talking. Kanda was getting more and more irritated, while Freya just kind of shrugged it off as she tried her best to keep Kanda's murder attempts under control. She was suspicious, though, since Marie kept on giving hints here and there about their new relationship status, which made her wonder if the two men eavesdrop on them that night when Kanda confessed his feelings.

What she didn't quite expect was for her to be sea sick. She felt nauseous with every move of the ship, thing that kept her confined in the cabin, cursing herself as she couldn't make too many moves, scared that she will throw up right then and there. She was lying in bed while the three men were out on the deck. She tried to sleep since she was too afraid to eat due to her sickness, even if her stomach was rumbling. She let out a sigh in frustration because it was also difficult for her to sleep without Kanda next to her. She finally decided to get out of bed, grabbed her jacket, and made her way to the deck. When she got out, she felt how the nausea was fading as the fresh air filled her lungs, her overall mood lifting. After she located her comrades, she made her way to them, walking slowly but steady.

"Oh! Freya! How are you feeling?" Tiedoll asked as he saw her approaching.

"Not excellent, but better. The air helps a lot." she replied as she took a seat next to Kanda.

"You should have stayed in bed, you know..." Kanda trailed off.

"I know, but I couldn't sleep at all. I'm hungry, but I'm also too scared to eat because I might throw up immediately." Freya said as she looked at him with a sad expression.

"Have you thought about eating less, but often?" Marie tried to offer a solution. "Having not so much food in your stomach at once might help you get through it."

"Yeah... I can try. Thanks, Marie." the redhead said, only for her words to be followed by her stomach rumbling. "Ugh... I'll go get a bite of something. Aren't you guys hungry, too?"

"No. Maybe later. But thank you for asking." Tiedoll said with a smile.

"I'll come with you." Kanda said as he stood up, offering his hand to her. "I'll keep you company." he added as Freya took his hand to stand up from her seat.

They made their way to the cafeteria, not holding hands, as they tried not to give anything away about their relationship. It wasn't hard for Freya to admit that there was some sort of tension between them, but not the one where they were in the middle of a conflict, but more like desiring each other more and more. During the last two days, until they got to the port, they managed to sneak around here and there and enjoy some alone time together. They didn't get too involved in their romantic and heated moments, stopping whenever they felt it became too much for one of them, but today was different. Freya felt really tense, and she could sense that Kanda was sharing a mutual feeling. She thought if she could push the limit tonight or if she should wait a little bit longer. She felt her cheeks burning, only thinking at the possibility of going all the way tonight with Kanda, placing her right hand on her face and lowering her head, avoiding Kanda's gaze.

"Are you alright?" was the question that Freya hoped to not hear from Kanda. She lifted her head to look at him, her face still red with embarrassment. "Your face is red, Freya. Are you feeling well?"

"Uh... uh... yeah... yeah. I am. I'm just starving. That's all." she tried to play it off as she flails her hands in front of her, trying to calm down Kanda's worries.