○ s e v e n ○

After landing in Japan, the four exorcists were led to Edo by one of Cross's altered Akumas. Tiedoll and Marie were leading the group as always, while Kanda and Freya stood behind them, all wary of their surroundings.

"I hope everyone else is alright." Freya spoke softly, her mind gone to Allen and the others.

"They are. Don't worry your pretty mind that much." Kanda said after he let out a sigh. He could feel Freya tensing with every step they took. He was aware that her Innocence could be a real exterminator, but he hoped that she won't lose control and let hell break loose. "Keep your calm. We'll get through this."

After a time, they finally got to Edo, their eyes landing on the giant Akuma. Marie activated his Innocence in order to get an idea about what's going on.

"What do you hear, Marie?" Tiedoll asked.

"Over there... I hear the Akuma's machinery... and Lenalee, Lavi, and the other members of Cross's unit."

"They got here earlier than I thought." Freya spoke as she activated her Innocence I'm stage three, the bloody wings already taking form.

"All right. Go help them." Tiedoll said with a small smile on his face. These words are their cue to go, and in a flash of light, the three exorcists were gone into battle.

Freya and Kanda landed on the roof where Tyki held Lenalee and the others hostages. Freya attacked from above while Kanda intervened from beneath.

"So many new faces, today..." Tyki trailed off with a sick smile as Kanda and Freya landed in between him and Chaoji, their next move to attack and retrieve Lenalee.

"Whoa! They're fast!" Tyki claimed as he dodged every attack. "Sorry, young lady..." he told Lenalee before he shoved her into Kanda's arms, the young exorcist catching her on time, only for Lavi and Freya to defend them from an incoming attack from the giant Akuma.

"Hey, old friends! Fancy meeting you in a place like this!" Lavi told the two exorcists.

"What are you guys doing here?" Kanda asked while Freya got a gold of Lenalee.

"It seems our general has a job to do here in Edo. And you?" Lavi spoke, his eyes averting from Kanda to Freya and back, feeling something is different.

"The same, more or less." Freya said, getting a better hold on Lenalee, only for her to look up, Kanda and Lavi following her, only for the giant Akuma to hover over them. Though, in the glimpse of a second, its body twitches and turns, a screech escaping its mouth.

"Huh? What's happening with that thing?" Lavi asked, confused.

"Probably got tangled in Marie's strings. The melody he plays is poisonous to Akuma." Kanda explained.

"Here. Take care of Lenalee." Freya said as she passed the young girl in Lavi's arms before activating her Innocence once more in stage three.

"Mugen... Bringer of Disaster... double illusion sword!" Kanda also activated his Innocence, and they both went to destroy the Akuma.

"Look out, guys! That thing's armour is really... though... huh?!" Lavi spoke only to find himself dumbfounded by Freya and Kanda's attacks, slicing the Akuma in three pieces, destroying it in the process.

"They sliced right through it! Kanda and Freya sure got stronger!" Bookman said, while Krory stood there astonished by the work of the young pair.

"What a splendid duo!"

After landing their attacks, Kanda directed his attention to Lavi.

"Yes?"

"If you ever call me by my name, I'll cut you!" Kanda threatened the red-haired guy, scarring him nonetheless.