Part 7/24

Chase looks to his left, and it turns out the person next to him was a one-eyed skeleton. But for some reason, that didn't scare him. It also looked somewhat familiar. And then, it clicked!

"Sir Daniel Fortesque? No way! I'm a huge fan of yours." Chase said.

"Call me Dan. I get that a lot." Sir Dan replied.

"What are you doing here?" Chase asked.

"Well, you know, I'm dead, and all. The Hall Of Heroes got boring quickly, so I bounced. I'm kinda stuck here now, at least until those lazy bastards decide to remaster MediEvil 2. Anyways, welcome to the afterlife."

They shook hands.

"I'm new here, and I have no idea what's going on." Chase said.

"You see that old man with the weird hair, in the arena? That's Heihachi Mishima."

"Yeah, I know who he is. I just don't understand what he's doing."

"This is what he's been up to, after dying in Tekken 7. He didn't take the loss against Kazuya well."

"But why is he fighting?"

"You see, when this version of the afterlife was first created, nobody could see eye-to-eye, as far as governments and politics were concerned. So they chose anarchy. But they didn't know what kind of anarchy they wanted, so they flipped a coin, and we got anarcho-royalism. You know, the one with the purple and black flag."

"Yeah, I've heard of it."

"Things were fine back then. Nobody took it too seriously. There were some fun fights, and the kingdom exchanged hands a lot. That is, until Heihachi showed up. Since he took the crown, he's been ruling this place with an iron fist. And nobody has been able to stop him."

"Why don't people just leave?"

"Because they can't. Heihachi doesn't let people leave this form of afterlife, nor does he allow outsiders to come in." 

"Why can't people just fight him?"

"You don't think anyone's trying? This is what you get, 24/7. Heihachi will destroy anyone who challenges him. You just saw that poor Uka Uka guy."

"Okay... And why can't people just team up, and jump into the arena to destroy him?"

"That's impossible. Like I said, he rules this place. He can twist the physics of the stadium, and make sure he only fights one-on-one."