Part 10/24

"Do you have a moveset?" Sir Dan asked.

"Of course. I learned Karate for 4 years. I know many moves." Chase replied.

"No, I mean, do you have an official moveset? The rules clearly state that you can't just use any move you want. You have to get a moveset, and you must stick to it, at all costs. Otherwise you're disqualified."

"What? Why?"

"Another one of Heihachi's rules. Since he hasn't changed his moveset since Tekken 7, neither can you."

"And what happens if someone uses a move, from outside of their moveset?"

"Then the big screen will turn red, indicating a breach in the rules. And Heihachi will kill you even more quickly, since it's no longer a fair fight, and he can just throw everything at you. Weapons and low blows included."

"... Fine. I'll play by his rules, if that's what I have to do. Where do I get one of those official movesets?"

"Over there." Said Sir Dan, pointing to a stand, with a banner on top saying 'Movesets R Us'.

"So that's where I can get a moveset?"

"Yep. Oh, and take this."

Sir Dan hands Chase a bag of coins.

"How much is this?" Asked Chase.

"900k afterlife dollars." Sir Dan replied.

"What? Why so much money?

"Well, you know how it goes. Inflation."

"I... I can't take this. You worked really hard for this money."

"Not really. Heihachi made it easier to get rich over here. Just take turns selling popcorn, or drinks, and eventually you're a millionaire. He's not a good guy, but he's better than most politicians."

"I see... Thank you, Sir Dan. When I win, I'll make you my knight."

"That's what the other 700 heroes I've helped before you said, only to get killed shortly after."

"Jeez. But no pressure, right?"

They exchanged one more grin and a nod, before Chase went on his quest.