Chapter Eleven

later on,

At the Dining Area

Ken and Wrath sit across each other, two seats apart from the 1x2 dining table with turquoise stained glass and a candlelight between them. In front of Wrath were a laptop, three pieces of paper, and his wine. He was sitting nonchalantly while Ken was tense in his seat. The room was quiet; grand, and still claustrophobic to Ken who didn't grow up with wealth.

"How did you know about the contracts? No one but the deadly kings know of them..." Wrath questions him, his voice deep but very quiet, like a gentle father.

"Greed said something about contracts, and then attacked me when I said I didn't."

Wrath raised an eyebrow, "A contract is just a piece of paper stating you are my ownership. Contracts made by deadly kings are respected by deadly kings. Even Envy signed Greed's contract, Sloth signed mine, and I don't know if Lust made his boys sign. But, since Envy harmed the twins it means Lust did not make them sign a contract."

"Wait, so Envy can't hurt Sloth, and he...?" Ken looks at the blonde, but the guy is snoring on the floor with his long legs up on the sofa. This guy is so weird...

"Yes, it's a treaty of some kind. Each member of my gang has signed, and Greed's signed his as well. That is why us deadly kings do not involve ourselves in the gang fights, we kings cannot personally attack opposing members, unless in defense or when one king strikes first." Wrath's vision trails off, wondering why Lust would endanger his boys by not letting them sign a contract. "So you officially want to join our gang?"

"Yes, whatever, but..." Ken looks down, "Can you protect Hani too?"

"He is part vampire, he can't sign a contract with me—"

"Take him away from Greed, he doesn't belong with them!" Ken demands, worried about his roommate. It's the least he can do after what Hani has suffered. He looks right at Wrath's eyes, begging, "You want me to stay with you, right? I'm... I'm your Claim, right? Can't you do this for me if I go... through... with... it...?" This is too hard for me, I don't like Wrath! 

"I can't guarantee your roommate's protection..." Wrath thinks about it deeply, his lips against one of his silver rings. "But what's my power if I can't create a few rules? I'll make you a special contract, Lily pad. I'll take the hybrid under my wing... as my lover's special acquaintance."

"Lover?!"

"As a gang leader, I can't do shit, we deadly kings agreed to only take those of our kind, I can't make Hani a member of our gang..." Wrath leans on the table with his elbows on the edge, making Ken lean back against the chair. "But as a lover, it would be rude to ignore my partner's request."

"Wrath—?!"

The man starts modifying the contract on his laptop, replacing 'accomplice' keywords with personal/romantic partner, making Ken the equivalent of a queen. He casually prints it and walks to the Bluetooth device to retrieve the modified contract. Meanwhile Kenneth is ranting, "I don't want to be your boyfriend, I'm straight! You're ugly—well, emo and obnoxious, but I don't want to be a girlfriend! You can't force me!"

"I'm not forcing you, Tweety," Wrath says in his indoor voice, contrasting Ken's loud screeches. The deadly king slides the paper towards Ken, waiting for his eyes to scan the document. "You can choose to sign or not, simply leave if you don't want the deal. I left blank lines for you to set conditions and boundaries, but be sure to tell me first, or else it will be nullified. It has to be agreed by both parties."