Chapter Twenty One

that evening,
COMMON ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, DE VERA DORM

A vampire was thrown onto the wall, effectively terrifying all other De Veras in the proximity. Vampires aren't weak creatures; they are the superior, cannibalistic version of humans. But Greed who is superior among this species is feared among them.

"YOU COULDN'T FIND MY BROTHER?!" He yells out, blue veins appearing on the sides of his neck as he bars his fangs out. Grabbing another one of his gang members by the shoulder,  he kicks the guy in the chest before throwing him away. "You all are pathetic! You call yourselves vampires when four of you couldn't even capture a kid?!"

Envy watches as the guy flies to the bookshelves and knocks out the precious books it held. The ghost-vampire hybrid sits at one of the sofas, legs crossed and poised at all times. As Greed is losing his shít, Envy is blankly staring at an empty can on the table beside him.

"EN!" Greed yells out as he kicks another guy to the ground, the student groaning at the punishment. "Where the fúck is Hani?!"

"Safe, probably..." Envy hummed to himself, before answering clearly, "The guys are saying he was about to be eaten by Sloth... so I guess he's a corpse right now."

"You," Greed angrily points at him, eyes blaring as his handsome features turn demonic by the presence of blue veins and some red ones surrounding his eyes. "Fúcking prove you're not a useless bítch like these rats and get me Hani!"

Envy looks at Greed's furious, cold eyes with reluctance, before his own darts down to look at the empty can on the table, wrapped in tissue. Swallowing his hesitance, Envy stands  up all graceful, glitching right in front of the Vampire King.

"I can retrieve Hani Lee faster than your nerves can calm down..." Envy says with a voice smooth as velvet, but also with a little sultry whisper. His tanned, soft hands reach towards Greed's neck, smoothing down to his shoulders. "So calm down, okay? You're not thirsty yet, there's no rush."

Envy side-eyes the rest of the vampires, giving out a signal for them to leave before the King kills one of them. They obliged, and in no time the room became empty.

Greed says with gritted teeth, "He fúcking defied me... punched me and ran away... I fúcking want that brat to learn a lesson!"

"And he will..." Envy squeezes Greed's biceps in an attempt to calm him down, stepping closer to him to put pressure and decrease his deep breathing. Now, they're merely a breath away. "But if you're in this state, you're gonna kill him. Relax; calm down. Let him sleep for now; by tomorrow, he's yours."

"And you, Envy?" Greed grabs the hybrid by the neck, forcing Envy to look up at him. I can see it in those eyes... they waver. No longer cold. What do those eyes hold now?

The ghost glitches, but remains submissive to the one who holds his neck. Greed can still feel the gulp that carries the possibility of rebellion. Greed would not allow Envy to even think about going against him. He has seen it through Envy's increasing interference

"I'm yours, of course." The hybrid, whose eyes glistened in fear at this deadly vampire King, could only prove that statement by unbuttoning his black shirt one after another.

Envy couldn't lose Greed; he is willing to be a companion, an asset, a tool, an accessory, and even a slave if it means Greed will consider him of worth. I have to be something for him.

At first, back in his first days as a Carvalle student, he was the only friend Greed wanted.

"You're not annoying," the little vampire Prince would say, before taking the little hybrid's hand. "You're special... you don't care if I'm a Prince or rich..."