Before the great clash

continuing the battle with childe, aether did his best to put up a fight.

but even a mortal have their own limits. 10 minutes had passed after he used a rather flashy move to show off, but in the end he could only last for 5 minutes.

Childe: hahahahaha! what's wrong traveler? don't tell me you're tired already? *grin*

Aether: tired? yeah, to be honest using this form is really draining me... *groan*

the sound of metal clanking against each other filled the room as they engaged in the heat of battle. the speed increased as childe turned his dagger back into a bow again.

Childe: traveler. i'm getting tired of the way you move and attack me... i thought you could give me the thrill of the battle...

gasping in exhaustion, aether's form suddenly flickered as he returned to normal.

Childe: you disappoint me, traveler. *shakes head*

finally, he returned to his normal state. and then the effects starts to kick in, he coughed with a little blood on his hand.

Aether: dude... this is crazy *cough*

Childe: i told you, not in your wildest dreams could you beat me *laughs* but now... *serious* let's end it here...

while aiming his bow at aether, childe began to launch consecutive attacks that forced the aether to take action.

he then block childe's attack with wind gust as he jump on and use geo attack to catch him off-guard.

Childe: ohh!?

Aether: hah, got you!

*BOOM!*

when the dust settles, however, childe is nowhere to be found... only to reveal himself in front of the exuvia.

paimon who was silently watching the battle, found this strange, she then turned her gaze to exuvia and saw childe.

Paimon: gahhh! you were just playing us to get close to the exuvia!

Childe: *sneer* oh, quite down. stop acting like some wide-eyed recruit. you of all people should've known how the world works *reaches the exuvia* this should have been expected... because i'm taking morax's gnosis!

as his hand reaches into the exuvia, a big grin spread his face thinking he's win this battle.

but... as he take out his hand from the vessel, there is nothing there.

Childe: huh!?

Paimon: ehhh?

Aether: ...nothing?

he comes empty-handed. what is going on, he thought.

why things not going his way? has he just been outsmarted by the traveler? having a one step further and watch him like an excited puppy with the new toy.

Childe: hahaha... i see. well, this is most unexpected. you... you beat me to it... didn't you?

presuming that aether beat him to the gnosis, he becomes enraged, activates his foul legacy transformation.

Childe: not bad, traveler! but this is going to cost you! *smashes the floor*

the floor slowly cracked and finally shattered, as paimon and aether fall through followed by childe to the lower floor.

Paiamon: hyaaaaaaa! we're falling! aether!

Aether: kuhkk! will you shut up, paimon!

once they landed, the battle continued.