Itching.

Chapter was originally posted : 17/10/2023 on AO3 by 0Creativity0 (me).

---------------------------------------------------------

Gon got out of his bathroom. It was late at night and the moonlight did a poor job at illuminating his studio. His night shift was cancelled tonight, Neon wanted the cafe to herself: she wanted to organize a little party with her friends, and even tho he'd been invited, Gon decided to stay home.

Killua was sitting on his bed, legs crossed and waiting for him. When he heard the door open his gaze shifted up, glancing at Gon and inspecting him for a second.

September was starting to bring with it the bad times and the night was icy, yet only Killua's eyes had succeeded to make him shiver today. Gon folded his towel and, getting on his toes, put it on the top of the bathroom door, before making his way towards his friend. Said friend was back to scrolling through his phone absentmindedly. He received an email with a new list of victims to get down on from his brother, and decided to ignore it until he was back at his hotel.

Earlier, Gon had spoken to his parents, and Killua had solely refused to appear on his camera. Now thinking of it, Gon didn't even have any pictures of him, not even one for his phone contact. He felt as if the moment was not auspicious to get one, he would eventually reconsider asking.

He sat by Killua's side nonchalantly, throwing himself onto the bed. They'd first met two full weeks ago now, and their friendship had fastly evolved and blossomed. By then, Gon had started developing a little crush on Killua. It wasn't anything serious, as they hadn't known each other for so long, but he did feel and think there was a little something special in between them, and so far, Killua was pretty much flawless to him. However, those feelings would stay untold. For now at least.

Killua, on his side, was feeling somewhat frustrated. Tonight, he was supposed to kill Retz, that is before Gon texted him inviting him over. He could've refused, gotten rid of Retz still, but when he tried texting back, his fingers refused to form the words he meant to, and he assured he'd be on his way shortly. And for some reason, Killua decided he had to prove his values and be a man of parole, even tho he was anything but that due to his job consisting pretty much on lying to everyone you meet. His entire week, he'd spent it on his last assassinations on his list, had almost not seen Gon, so even when he was expected somewhere, even when he had something to do, his heart couldn't bear to say no to the invite. He refused to spend the week without seeing Gon smile at least once, and as a result of that unconscious choice, he now sat by the boy's side, moody and annoyed, at himself more than anyone, but he wasn't scared to share it by all means.

" - What do you want to watch? He asked in a weird voice, a sort of frustration Gon had never heard him express before.

- Whatever you want. In reality, Gon was very picky with what he watched, however, if Killua was mad and he might be the reason, then he'd rather not make matters worse.

- I don't know, just pick. Killua rolled his eyes and Gon recoiled again. I know if I pick you won't even watch it.

- No, I really mean it today. Gon assured, smiling up at Killua, but he hadn't looked at him since the beginning of the conversation. I really will watch anything you want to, I don't mind.

- Can't you just pick? Killua responded, his tone slightly harsher. I know you're dumb but you can do this. He added. "

Killua had gained the habit of calling Gon dumb, always was it as a joke. Always, Gon had laughed back, hit his arm with a small fist, or something like that. Always until now, that is, and when Killua turned to look at Gon, he found nothing but an absolutely not genuine smile and sad eyes looking his way with concern and deception - and Killua was pretty sure Gon directed it to himself.